Utah's top 5 motorcycle rides | KSL.com

What time of year are you targeting ? I was thinking 2nd/3rd week of May or 2nd/3rd week of Sept due to how HOT it gets in Utah during the high Summer. What are the members thoughts on timing ?

You beat me to it, I was going to add that Fall would be better for me, and likely others, as RAA east is the first week of June, no way I can do both that close, and I want to do both, pissed I missed this year

Initial estimate is 29 August to 1 September, Labor Day weekend. It may be better to shift it one week later to 7-10 September, this would avoid holiday car traffic and may be cheaper for accomodations.

We're working on two options:

Option A is a Roller, where we start in a place and do a big 3 day loop through some amazing stuff to end up back at the start point. The challenge with this, is people's tow rigs, I need to work out where they can be stored safely and preferably free for those 3 days. This option gets us to more areas that are awesome to ride through.

Option B is to base out of Bryce and do day rides in the area. There are lots of nice things in the area to see and nice roads to ride. This one is easier to organize, I already found the hotel, it's cabins like Leakey (but a little cheaper). Seeing some of the super cool stuff here means 300-350 mile days to get there, but there is a lot within 150 miles of Bryce worth seeing if people don't want to ride 350.

ZION park can eat a throbbing monkey member, shuttle only from Mar-Nov....

The problem with that is.... So is everyone else.

Absolutely agree. My current ideas are going to take me high in the mountains and the less chance of frost on the roads the better.
Though your vid of Coronado in Oct was clear, and we have quite a few months... I could change my mind 100 times by then lol

Zion Canyon is one of the best places I've ever ridden through. Next time I will ensure I schedule enough time to be there on more than just a pass through.

Utah is up there on my list of places to explore. The other rides sound very interesting

100% agree on Zion Canyon. Amazing place. Stayed there last October, well recommended.

Below two short videos for those who think about the ride. Filmed with 360° camera. Use large screen and swipe around or on your mobile phone app and move your phone.. or use Oculus :)

Back