had mine out to 223kph....on closed roads of course!....had a fair bit left too i think but the blackbirds looked like jet planes so common sense kicked in...

Well, doesn’t this imply that the new Rocket doesn’t have a speed limiter? At least not less than 300 kph, which this bike could not do on the road. The old stock Rocket tunes were limited to 218 kph but could be raised to 300.
In fact I had my old Rocket re-set to 500 with Tuneboy. I think Warp did too. I mean, why not??

So - I'll keep tooling through the 1800 pages of the manual and see if I can find a further reference as to what the ECM does with that "road speed data."

Curious as to how Tal's bike could run up that fast on the dyno.

Watch this space.....................

i was standing there watching it when Dennis was cranking her ......he looked up at me grinning and nodded toward the speedo...three double ohh!!!!!....gotta say she sounds real nice with the new boombox and decatted!...real bloody angry noise coming out .
On the road it has the real nice triple noise i love, churning out until you reach around and grab a big mitful and twist!!...then it goes into a deep lion like roar from deep down and gets real nasty!!... it rips thru the revs till you change gear or it hits the rev limiter...very rapidily!...love this thing!!

i was standing there watching it when Dennis was cranking her ......he looked up at me grinning and nodded toward the speedo...three double ohh!!!!!....
Tal - from your post I believe you saw the speed reading on the bike, not the dyno?

If so, you have the speedo set on the "quartz" option where the speed is simply displayed as digital numbers? ( 3 - 0 - 0 )

So with that speed in the ECM, where's the road-speed limiter????? Bailed out in fright?

It's all a mystery, it is, it is.

In fact I had my old Rocket re-set to 500 with Tuneboy. I think Warp did too. I mean, why not??
Yeah. You never know when you’ll have the opportunity to go 150 mph on a Rocket. Like on Rte 95 from Reno to Vegas. You’d go sailing off into the sage brush and they wouldn’t find your mummified body for years.

nah m8...i was watching it climb...i was moving my eyes from the dyno to the speedo and back...it was climbing alright....got to flat knackers at 300..

after the engine run in, I got 236km/h out of it and it still gets that but that is on the speedo though, for actual speed I should mount my Garmin on this bike and test by gps

after the engine run in, I got 236km/h out of it and it still gets that but that is on the speedo though, for actual speed I should mount my Garmin on this bike and test by gps
MCN tested the 2020 rocket 3 and found using gps that they are restricted to 138mph true speed. Hopefully "Penners" map gets past that but its worth remembering the tyres are only "V" rated, which is 149mph!

MCN tested the 2020 rocket 3 and found using gps that they are restricted to 138mph true speed. Hopefully "Penners" map gets past that but its worth remembering the tyres are only "V" rated, which is 149mph!
I didn't look into the tire rating yet so thats good to know, the rating refers to the tire being able to withstand the temperature genarated at that maximum speed for at least a hour, so if its only to see what the top speed is it should be ok

I didn't look into the tire rating yet so thats good to know, the rating refers to the tire being able to withstand the temperature genarated at that maximum speed for at least a hour, so if its only to see what the top speed is it should be ok
I wouldnt want to go over the 149mph personally...

Tyres are rated as follows, just for info:

How is the speed rating calculated?

Speed ratings are based on laboratory tests in which the tyre is run at 6.2 mph steps, in 10 minute increments, until the required speed has been met. To receive its rating it must demonstrate that it can sustain a particular speed when tested with simulated loads.

So you should be ok for 10 mins:)

Back