Tuneecu success story

I haven't used Tune ECU for a couple of years on my '08 R3T. Then I had it on my desktop computer, which is in the garage. I would just pull the bike up next to my desk and hook it up. Worked pretty well.

Recently I wanted to hook the bike up and use Tune ECU and found that I can no longer use it on my desktop -- only on an Android after buying the program from the Google Play Store. Okay, I thought I would give that a try. I bought the app and downloaded it to my phone. Hooked it up to the bike and cannot get it to connect. I am using the same cable that I used when I was on the desktop. Tried everything I could think of. The app opens but it will not connect to the bike. So I installed the app on my Chromebook. Same thing -- will not connect. I even tried a different cable (the one that I use for DealerTool on my Trophy) and no go.

I have read and re-read a ton of information on the Tune ECU site and am very frustrated at this point. I know the app is nice when it works, but the information on the web site is not well presented and after I am on there for a while trying to find out why I can't get the bike to connect I feel like screaming. Maybe it is the cable, but the cable I have worked fine when I was using it on the desktop.

Yuk!
I couldn't get Lenovo Google Chromebook to work, went back to where I purchased it and they said it 's not compatible, it's not an android. Wife now has it.

Question, does the rocket need to be powered up or running in order to use tuneecu.
Sorry it took so long to reply, it should not be running when loading maps but does need to be running for certain adjustments such as throttle body sync.

I connected the Cable to one of these, then ran the phone cable out the other side of this into the phone. Is that my problem?
1626037950912.png
You know you should take the headlight fuse out and put a charger on the battery when running tuneECU, look in settings under system does it say anything about OTG

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210723-090242.jpg
    Screenshot_20210723-090242.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 10
Back