Tuneboy Update!!

SteveRed

.060 Over
HIYA Guys... I posted this on the R3owners Forum! Now don't sweat, I OWN this info :p So I reckon I can post here, there or anywhere!!

I met up with Wayne today and we worked that dyno from before lunch till around three. Let me just say here... Wayne you are a gentleman and a ****ing genius!!! We used my bike as a diagnostic dummy and remapped it this way and that. In the end the bike is near tuned to perfection with the secondaries remaining open in all gears and the speed corrected (which by the way now means that the top speed is limited to around 255km/hr. It seems that if you wanted to over correct the speed by say 20% instead of the 7% it is out. Then the limiter would allow you to reach a real speed of say 300km/hr) I chose for the speedo to read correctly and yes the odometer will be slightly out showing less miles or km's... Better for resale I reckon!!

Because my bike already had the PCIII we ran tests with the PC in place on a few different 'Triumph tunes' Then we zero mapped it cause it was too much of a bother to remove the rivco risers etc to lift the tank and totally remove it, I will do this over the weekend or when I do the filter mod! Anyway it was easy to discover why I have had the idle problems... When I had the PCIII installed I had the original Triumph 20050 tune on. The PC was installed at the same time as I had the pipes fitted and it worked like a charm even with the restrictions in the first couple of gears. When it went in for it's first service, the techs at Procycle saw I had the mods (DOH!) and decided to install the 20054 tune, without telling me mind you! BIG MISTAKE!!! This is when the bike started running lean at low revs in those first gears and stalling etc. When you see the dyno graph, you can see that the 20054 tune really ****ed up the PCIII map.

In fact the 20054 tune is a **** of a tune, cause you can see from Wayne's graphs on the tuneboy that it delivers more power in the first gears and then takes it right away in the middle gears only to release it again in the final gear. The original 20050 tune is a better tune for the Rocket! Sorry to upset anyone who thinks the 20054 tune is king! It aint!!

Wayne will post the dyno graph of my bike to make this point I am sure. The final result with Tuneboy is almost a mirror of the bike in its original tune with the PCIII HOWEVER with more power and torque delivered across the board. I am very happy and the bike runs like a scalded cat with those secondaries open from go to woe! And now the bike computer delivers what it is programmed to deliver knowing that the secondaries are still intact.

Wayne showed me that any of you with the Tuneboy should hit that button and understand that should there be a problem you can recover from it almost immediately. Just don't head off to your Triumph dealer expecting them to understand anything about Tuneboy.

It is obvious that he knows what he is doing and I only hope that Wayne got out of today as much as I did... Thanks mate!! He did take away a lot of maps from the bike in various configerations and setups, so I hope that with this info he will be able to help all and any with Q & A's.

By the way... Wayne rode in on a Triumph Daytona 595 with a home built turbo (for AUD $900 / $660 US) that puts out 167RWHP and 120lb torque! It is probably the most dyno'd bike in Australia!! :lol:

Expect to see some figures and maps up of our day soon. We both rode home in the rain, but I was still smiling when I got home an hour after I left Tuneboy still talking shop with the mechanics at Parra Kawasaki!!

Oh, and the way Wayne is eventually setting up his service, you will be able to download a configured map to suit your setup. i.e catbox, catbox removed... pipes etc! So JUST DO IT!!!

Cheers! :cool:

Last edited:
Steve, I have the under tank single K&N, Maddogs, and no cat. The current tune is one of Triumph's newly issued for the Classic model, I think it is the equivalent to the 20054 tune, which according to your post sounds more like a detune than a tune. Which sounds accurate because after I got the remapp I was out riding with Tom and told him I thought it felt a little flat but couldn't tell for sure. I emailed Wayne and asked if he knew the difference between the standard and classic tunes and he stated he wasn't aware that there were new tunes however Tuneboy would work just the same. It still has me scratching my head though.:confused: I have been playing with TuneEdit and TB Diagnostics on my computer and have messed with a few maps from 955's to learn some of the features. I posted the manuals for both programs on a previous thread, both excellent resources for the novice like me.

Where on line can you buy? I don't see it yet on the Aus. site and it says you can't purchase outside of UK on UK site. And thanks again for sharing the info, I have been anxiously awaiting the release of TB. Hopefully by the end summer(summer here at least) we'll all be tuning pros.

You will be able to buy online pigger... I think Wayne wanted to test some stuff (which he did well enough on my bike) before releasing it generally! You know... Better to check for bugs than to answer 100 queries on some little thing he failed to notice! He's admitted he is only human and really wants to provide a bomb proof service and product!

I imagine he will suggest the 20050 tune 'modified' for your set up. I was thinking of going the underseat myself then back on the dyno with Wayne to gauge the results! Otherwise I would be looking at the triple set up if I can develop a system where the bearclaw stays on! Wayne has said he has a contact with uni-filter who may be able to set something up!

Back