tune question???

seeya

Supercharged
I have an 07 r3 classic, D&D exhaust, PClll, stock intake filters. I put the D&D tune in from PClll but it says D&D exhaust,air box eliminated, and K&N individual filters. First through 3rd is all good through the entire rpm range, 4th and 5th is good in higher rpm range, 3250 and up, one thing I noticed was cruising 5th gear 2 to 3 grand if I twist the throttle WO, bike takes off, but if I leave the throttle off a little, about 60% to 75% throttle it pulls a lot harder. I running 5th gear 2 to 3 grand and twist the throttle slooowly, bike pulls hard and once above 3250-3500 rpm I can open it up all the way. I'd like to be able to just twist the throttle WO, bike pull hard and GO.

I feel if I can leave off the throttle some and the bike pull harder I may be able to change the map and correct that area, any suggestions????

don't have 3 k&n's on, stock filters, I know this is gonna make a difference. Wondering if someone has any ideas where to change the map at to get the best results.

Sounds like it's too rich in the ranges you refer to. I would start by leaning the fueling in the PCIII map a few numbers and see what that does. It will probably take some time and several tries. The best way would to be go to a Dynojet tuner and get a dyno tune done. That will make a big difference.

seeya,
as pig9r says,you're probably rich. 3 k/n's boost h.p. 9% over stock(11h.p.) so dropping the fuel side 7 to 8% might help... dyno is still the way to go asap.....

greg

Back