@RICHARD ALBANS sorry to hear of your personal loss and health issues mate and I thank you for your passion and enthusiasm for your craft that we all benefit from.
One day I’ll want to get a GT and install your manic magic

I hope so, though some ECU's have proven close to impossible. Some require opening up the ECU and signal probes. And thus far the hardware to do so is WAY beyond the pocket of most hobby tuners. Often it is not the ECU hardware itself but some VERY sneaky (impressive) programming.

I did read somewhere that at least one low end marque has investigated the option of simply replacing the updated flash ecu at services. The reckoned it would be cheaper than policing dealer tools.

We were seriously spoiled by TuneECU. A marvelous and altruistic venture.
David Lightman can do it, he beat WOPR didn't he?

Would you like to play a game?
the-deer-hunter-5b2d1d6a8e1b6e00360427ac.jpg

Apologies to @RICHARD ALBANS for derailing your thread. I really am curious and happy to learn what computer magic you can do. I am not a fan of ECUs myself but do recognize their worth when tuning a bike to its fullest potential; if it can be unlocked...

OK so things are moving on. My reground cams will be here next week and my JE forged pistons. The cams are coming back with about 0.8mm more lift and more duration. Not as much as I had hoped but at least the shims will still be in range. I think I will test them on their own first. Just for a base line. Then put the pistons in and rebuild with the same cams and put the blower on. This is going to be fun. Watch this space!!

Back