Triumph summer screen and flyscreen mounting

USMC-R3

.040 Over
So I realize this might be a bizarre question but I have the summer windshield for colder weather and the black flyscreen for warmer weather for my '11 Roadster that I just bought around Christmas. Now that it is warming up I'm putting on the flyscreen and I noticed that Triumph managed to take the instillation of something simple and involve detaching the clutch cable to fit through a cable guide on the flyscreen...really necessary?

Anyway, now for the bizarre question. The instructions for instillation (yes I know there's my first problem which is looking at the instructions) say that a maximum of two front accessories can be installed on the front end fixing kit. Does that mean you are meant to keep both brackets attached so you don't have to remove the clutch cable every time you want to switch between the two? Obviously you can't keep the actual flyscreen attached but if you just unbolted the flyscreen and left the brackets I'm guessing the windshield would probably fit overtop of them. Of course, I'm also thinking that might look a little ridiculous. Any thoughts anyone?

I've never lid my clutch cable through that little bracket on the fly screen. It just sits outside of it. I used to have the Roadster screen also, and would just remove the four mounting bolts and bolt on the fly screen.

I just bought a summer screen by the way.. how do you like it? mine should be here next week

TxRIIIRider

I just figured out that I'm an idiot! You don't have to remove the clutch cable at all, you just bend open the cable guide and fit it around the cable itself. Like I said, that's what you get for reading the instructions. I agree though that you probably don't even need it. Oh well.

As far as the summer screen goes, I'm pretty fond of it. I've never ridden with the roadster screen so I can't compare them, but I can say that the summer screen blocks the wind fairly well...and I think that it still looks pretty stylish. I'm not a fan of chrome at all so I've gone through the bike and pretty much had everything powdercoated flat black to match the rest, including the summerscreen hardware and frame and I really like how it looks now. The roadster screen was just to big and bulky looking for me, but then again I've never been much for windshields...until I actually used one of course!

Back