Triumph Sport Pillion Infill

Thanks for the comments on the mudguard, I think the infill really sets it off.... attempt to get back on topic ;)

I haven't seen the bike with all the luggage attached yet - although I do have a 3rd party pannier setup going on very soon as soon as my workshop is warm enough, along with a backrack and top bag so will post in a separate post when that's all done.

Bike is going in to Triumph for the brake recall on 4th Jan so it will be after that when I take more photos.

As far as availability of the mudguard, as soon as I have any details I can share, I will post here if the moderators allow me to (e.g. give their blessing) as it's my mate's shop in the UK and I don't want to p1$$ off any sponsors here by advertising against the rules. :)

Thanks for the comments on the mudguard, I think the infill really sets it off.... attempt to get back on topic ;)

I haven't seen the bike with all the luggage attached yet - although I do have a 3rd party pannier setup going on very soon as soon as my workshop is warm enough, along with a backrack and top bag so will post in a separate post when that's all done.

Bike is going in to Triumph for the brake recall on 4th Jan so it will be after that when I take more photos.

As far as availability of the mudguard, as soon as I have any details I can share, I will post here if the moderators allow me to (e.g. give their blessing) as it's my mate's shop in the UK and I don't want to p1$$ off any sponsors here by advertising against the rules. :)
Chers mate re the full rear mudgaurd be nice to be able to get one. You say about luggage have a look on my profile it shows the system i made for my Viking bags also my large rack make it easier to strap on a larger bag.......

1609361479941.png

Anyone has this on their R3R?

I understand there's a sport pillion infill and a tour pillion infill. I'm assuming the Sport pillion infill is for the R. (I know I'm a genius :) )

Any pictures showing this on your bikes?

Thank you. in advance.
This is the GT with the infill.

Attachments

• 20201107_092325.jpg
    20201107_092325.jpg
    403.1 KB · Views: 129
  • 20201107_092250.jpg
    20201107_092250.jpg
    550.1 KB · Views: 131
when you took off the passenger backrest/bracket off, did you have to purchase the aluminum strips to fill it in?
I was fortunate. When I ordered it the Truimph website showed the inserts in place when you selected the infill option so when they said I had to pay extra for the inserts I made the argument that they showed it as installed with the infill option. My dealer went to bat for me and Triumph threw in the inserts for free. Triumph no longer shows the inserts in place when you select the infill option on their website.

when you took off the passenger backrest/bracket off, did you have to purchase the aluminum strips to fill it in?
You do and here in the UK when I last asked they were £199.........EACH! Also I believe need some other bits to attach them underneath so a bit more cost. I am going to bite the bullet and have them done at rear brake recall

You do and here in the UK when I last asked they were £199.........EACH! Also I believe need some other bits to attach them underneath so a bit more cost. I am going to bite the bullet and have them done at rear brake recall
they are £212.40 in the UK for all the parts required, no time at all to assemble and fit yourself... don't get ripped off (any more than absolutely necessary)!
1613860452258.png

1613860633085.png

I wonder if they have come down in price. I got my bike a year ago tomorrow and asked then so it was very early on for the Rocket. I remember even the parts guy looking at it and commenting how expensive they were. Either that or he made a mistake thinking it was each instead of for both. Have ordered from Mr Pix quote site now (bike-parts-triumph.com)

Back