Triumph solo seat?? Anyone tried one??

I have the Solo seat with the backrest. I've done 650+ mile days in relative comfort. Relative comfort meaning as comfortable as my 60 year old bony ass can expect. The Solo seat is a solo version of the Dual Tour seat and is a marked improvement over the stock seat.

I have the Solo seat with the backrest. I've done 650+ mile days in relative comfort. Relative comfort meaning as comfortable as my 60 year old bony ass can expect. The Solo seat is a solo version of the Dual Tour seat and is a marked improvement over the stock seat.
Is it much firmer then the stocker?? Did you also do the solo rack??
I find the std seat is really cushy (like my Goldwing) but as the day drags on it's miserable and I'd really prefer a firmer seat!! Also interested in the backrest so I can stretch out on highway pegs (or boards)

Is it much firmer then the stocker?? Did you also do the solo rack??
I find the std seat is really cushy (like my Goldwing) but as the day drags on it's miserable and I'd really prefer a firmer seat!! Also interested in the backrest so I can stretch out on highway pegs (or boards)

It is firmer than the stock seat. I agree about a firm seat being more comfortable. I had Corbin seats on my BMW's and almost bought one for the R3T. But I decided to go with the Solo seat and have no regrets. I do have the rack and the backrest. I also use an Alaska Leather sheepskin during the summer. Here's a picture from a trip earlier this summer through Utah.

Link Removed

Wow, it does look good with the solo!! I guess my decision is made!!
Not so sure about the rack though, looks like it sits pretty high on the fender..
Thanx for the info..

Thanx again for the feedback.. Just got the solo seat and backrest Friday and installed it!! Much firmer and a better seating position for me. Did a short ride yesterday and was really impressed!! I am completely satisfied with the quality and fit of all the Triumph accessories, the chrome is perfect, the fasteners are top notch and the designs complement the bike perfectly!! It's not a surprise there's not as much third party aftermarket..
Next purchase is a rack!!

It is firmer than the stock seat. I agree about a firm seat being more comfortable. I had Corbin seats on my BMW's and almost bought one for the R3T. But I decided to go with the Solo seat and have no regrets. I do have the rack and the backrest. I also use an Alaska Leather sheepskin during the summer. Here's a picture from a trip earlier this summer through Utah.
2 questions:
1) Is that the standard wind screen? It looks taller than mine.
2) What light bar/driving lights do you have?

I'm headed down to Tucson in the morning for my first service. Should be a good ride!

It looks like the touring screen which is 6" taller than stock. I'm 6'3". With the standard screen in place the wind hits me just above my eyebrows. The touring screen puts it mostly over my head. I can feel a little on the top of the helmet, but no buffeting. They are two of the best windshields I have ever used. The tall one changes the look of the bike a little because it's more dramatic.

The lights look like the driving light kit. I installed one on mine. Make sure you have all the parts before you begin. Some of the light kits have been shipped with one wire harness missing. (Mine was) Install takes a couple of hours if you take your time. The harness just plugs in under the tank. BTW, the instructions with the kit suggest you turn the switch on and test the lights prior to lowering the tank. If you do, it will trip the check engine light because the cluster is unplugged. It will go out on it's own after three heat cycles.

I'm interested in the GPS, radar detector mounts. What did you use, ram mounts? How did you power it?

thanks.

It looks like the touring screen which is 6" taller than stock. I'm 6'3". With the standard screen in place the wind hits me just above my eyebrows. The touring screen puts it mostly over my head. I can feel a little on the top of the helmet, but no buffeting. They are two of the best windshields I have ever used. The tall one changes the look of the bike a little because it's more dramatic.

The lights look like the driving light kit. I installed one on mine. Make sure you have all the parts before you begin. Some of the light kits have been shipped with one wire harness missing. (Mine was) Install takes a couple of hours if you take your time. The harness just plugs in under the tank. BTW, the instructions with the kit suggest you turn the switch on and test the lights prior to lowering the tank. If you do, it will trip the check engine light because the cluster is unplugged. It will go out on it's own after three heat cycles.

I'm interested in the GPS, radar detector mounts. What did you use, ram mounts? How did you power it?

thanks.

Right on both screen and lights. And yes, check your parts. I too was missing a wiring harness. I've been using the shorter screen in the heat of summer and will switch back to the tall screen in cooler weather. At 6'2" I get some buffeting from the short screen but will take that for more airflow in the heat. The tall screen provides excellent protection.

GPS and radar detector are both Ram mounts. I had them on my R1200GS and just moved them over to the R3T. Triumph sells a wiring kit for the GPS. It doesn't match a Garmin plug so instead of splicing the Garmin wiring, I used the GPS wiring harness to power my radar detector and ran the GPS power plug to the accessory socket (another optional part) that mounts just below the seat/tank on the left side.

Thanks for the info.

I'm wondering if I can mount an accessory outlet, water proof, on the right side frame cover. I don't want to permantly mount the GPS, just use it once in a while. Do you know of any quick release mounts that leave very little on the bars?

Back