Triumph Quickshifter Kit

Hi Gang,

Picking up my new 2020 R3 GT today and I wanted to inquire about adding the quickshifter. Does anyone know a part number for that? How tough is install? I see some of you have had your dealer install, just curious why...thanks!
You wont regret getting the quick shifter. It is great for tooling around in town without having to use the clutch and its a hoot when playing around. Dont listen to any nose pickers who say it is not needed. Of course it isnt needed but its sure fun.

I take back my earlier comment about trying to increase RPMs to match the resulting down shift. The best way to use the system to to always upshift while under throttle (never with throttle closed), and always downshift while the throttle is closed. This will result in the smoothest shifts possible and the system works amazing!!!

I only recently "discovered" it on my TFC and I am loving it, although one does have to be firm / intentional on the shifts, I've managed a few times to go from 1 to N instead of 2 by being to gentle on the up shift.

And I believe you can't use it to downshift on acceleration, unless someone here can tell me the secret :), the only way I've found to do this is to go off the throttle, downshift and then crank it open, not sure if that's faster than a 'manual' downshift to begin with.

I only recently "discovered" it on my TFC and I am loving it, although one does have to be firm / intentional on the shifts, I've managed a few times to go from 1 to N instead of 2 by being to gentle on the up shift.

And I believe you can't use it to downshift on acceleration, unless someone here can tell me the secret :), the only way I've found to do this is to go off the throttle, downshift and then crank it open, not sure if that's faster than a 'manual' downshift to begin with.
What do you mean you "discovered" it? Did you get it installed and only recently turned it on?

The manual says not to downshift when “A down shift is attempted at very high engine speeds.”

Hi Gang,

Picking up my new 2020 R3 GT today and I wanted to inquire about adding the quickshifter. Does anyone know a part number for that? How tough is install? I see some of you have had your dealer install, just curious why...thanks!
It was 1 hour at dealer. The bike has to be programmed after the install. So worth it, it is crazy fun.

Back