Triumph Quickshifter Kit

ChicagoRocket

Supercharged
Ride
2023 Triumph Rocket 3 R Chrome Edition
Hi Gang,

Picking up my new 2020 R3 GT today and I wanted to inquire about adding the quickshifter. Does anyone know a part number for that? How tough is install? I see some of you have had your dealer install, just curious why...thanks!

Hi Gang,

Picking up my new 2020 R3 GT today and I wanted to inquire about adding the quickshifter. Does anyone know a part number for that? How tough is install? I see some of you have had your dealer install, just curious why...thanks!
I am, leaning towards ordering this too with the bike and getting the dealer to fit as they will have to have access to the Dealer tool to enable it. Most of your questions are answered here... part number A9778507 .. for the fitting kit, it depends on the peg position (forward or mid) Fitting instructions are here.

Thanks for the info gang...I did order my kit but the bad news is the foot lever part to it is on backorder! grrr...I'll keep everyone informed.
I was told the delay on the TFC was due to quickshifter parts - that’s why there were standard bikes being delivered even though the TFC was meant to come first.

I was told the delay on the TFC was due to quickshifter parts - that’s why there were standard bikes being delivered even though the TFC was meant to come first.
I don’t think that is accurate. There were kickstand bolting issues that were no discovered till after the TFC were crated and shipped. The discovery occurred during the production of the R and GT models and the problem was fixed during production. The regular bikes were ready to go and the TFC had to be uncreated and fixed before delivery causing them to be delayed.

Source: Triumph sales rep for the US South East Region.

Hi Gang,

Doesn't answer your question but I'm really enjoying the quick shifter. Didn't expect to use it.
Me too, didn't think "Triumph shift assist" was going to be much value but it's absolutely excellent. Up and down the box, it really makes for a smooth ride. When accelerating, using shift assist is exhilarating to say the least. A smother faster upshift is difficult manually, and down shifting with breaking closes down the stopping distance a lot! Luvit!!!

I just got mine installed on my 2021 GT by the dealer yesterday. Never used one before and I'm still learning it. So far, it makes for much more spirited riding without even trying. Also, like Bob Long, I too appreciate the shorter stopping distances with the quick downshifts and braking.

Back