Triumph Factory Tour...and a cheap feel of the new Rocket 3 TFC Engine!

Great Report. 2 Questions.
1. Did you see/hear anything about other versions of the new Rocket ?
2. Are you saying the "locked" ECU on the new Bonneville/Thruxton bikes is not actually locked ? I can hook up TuneECU and load new tunes ?

The only info available on the new Rocket was that which has already been said on the TFC webpage or in that launch video I'm afraid.
I haven't any experience or knowledge of Bonnevilles or Thruxtons but if they are set up same as the Rocket, I'd suspect yes you can (assuming the ECUs are compatible with TuneECU)

Very good to read this....you really must have been listening!!....Was the tour guide Phil?...I have met him here in NZ if it was..he is retired now but works there on short hours nowadays as they wanted him back...He managed to get some photos of himself sitting on the concept TFC after that video they did when they showed the Thruxton and the Rocket. Pulled his phone out and showed us the photos so it was legit. Told us a few things about the new Rocket but was very tongue in cheek. From what you have said re the motor etc it seems he was spot on.
Really looking forward to seeing this bike!

It wasn't Phil anyway I'd remember that name
What info did he give you?
Eager to know

No chance of that the ECU will be locked to Tune ECU like the latest Triumph model ECU's are.

I read a knowledgeable thread here ;) that suggested the last current type R3Rocket was made in 2016.

The only thing that is the same as the Rocket as we know it is the tyre size and the name Rocket....everything else has changed...even the tyre make...now cobra chrome...bike is shorter too..

Back