TRIUMPH EXPLORER ANYONE OWN ONE

HansO

Not Taking Life Too Seriously
Ride
08 Rocket III R.I.P now TEX Triumph Explorer
Thinking about getting a Explorer 1200 xc, anybody have one? if so pro's and con's

A great bike nice and light for a but of bush track riding and is respectable on the highway ,a good choice if you want to "explore" the back tracks, I see one sometimes at The Pie In the sky Café on our Coffee Run I will talk to the owner next time I see it and suss it out
BTW I am loving my 1400 GTR just saying:cautious::cautious::cautious:

good stuff yeah just want to be able to explore some firetrails nothing to technical and I cut my teeth on big chook chaser's when I was a kid, didn't have road bike til I was 26 so know how to ride of road

BTW I am loving my 1400 GTR [I said:
just saying:cautious::cautious::cautious:[/I]

X2 on the GTR 1400 (Concours C-14 here in the States). I was mildly impressed when I got mine 2 years ago but after I got a new flash on it last summer, I became a BIG fan. There's a guy on the COG Forum (Steve in Sunny Florida) that is the Hanso of C-14s... He specializes on the C-10 and C-14 and has flashed several hundred C-14s and he consistently gets rave reviews. Ma Kawasaki left a lot on the table performance-wise with the C-14 and Steve's flash takes full advantage of it. Used to be that things didn't get interesting until you got past 5K RPM but now it pulls HARD starting at 2.5K and the power increase is linear. Pulls like a turbine and I find that I don't shift down a gear as much to pass, etc. Handling is quite good without the full sport bike seating position and weather protection is more than adequate but it is definitely not an adventure bike. They are dependable (many well over 100K miles) and low maintenance and it seems like all you ever do is change the oil and tires. Lots of tires for the sports bike type folks that ride them very aggressively. Not sure how expensive they are Down Under.

Whatever you decide to ride, ride safe and thanks for all you do for us R3 guys!

Hanso - I was still typing while you were posting above so I didn't see you are really focused on a dual-purpose bike...

Last edited:
huh ... not looking at the C14 thats Kens bike I am looking at the Triumph 1200 Explorer

Well I have an unfitted tow hitch, am known to carry a little gear and miss my handbasin when travelling but I would have to check it out and have some where to store it when not in use ;):unsure::D

good stuff yeah just want to be able to explore some firetrails nothing to technical and I cut my teeth on big chook chaser's when I was a kid, didn't have road bike til I was 26 so know how to ride of road

Good for your archery trips into the bush, a much lighter bike is easy to handle in the car parks as well , I have never had a Chookie and never feel confident on the dirt roads on a bike ,
good luck with you recovery and I hope you are still a chance for Nyngan,I will have a busy time around then 5 of us have booked a house for 4 Days at Philip Island for the Grand Prix, so the new bike will get a work out

Back