Sounds like you are suffering the unfortunate consequence of a 'series 1' purchase...any chance you'd get a loaner from the dealer while yours was being repaired? Mine had a 120 Bonnie tlavailable if you booked it
When they open Tuesday I'll ask about that. A new Speedmaster would be fine with me. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
They should reimburse you on the cost of the tank pads if Triumph is the least bit concerned about customer satisfaction.
They mentioned that if I had a receipt and I think I do. I guess the bright spot is I'll have a brand new tank and not one that sat on the showroom floor for 10 months with 1 gallon of gas in it. :thumbsup:

What happened to radiator? You said leaking? How? Are they replacing?
I'm not certain where the leak is coming from. When I pulled into the dealer I noticed my right side headers and exhaust with 'streaks' of what smelled like oil. They had changed oil about 2 weeks ago so I don't know if that has any bearing on anything. I also noticed there was fluid smeared around the right side fan area but it was very slight and couldn't tell what kind of fluid it was and if it was the same as the exhaust because it was so hot. It was very strange because I looked it over and couldn't really tell where the fluid came from. It was concentrated to the right side from the inside fan area (like a smeared drop) to the exhaust that streaked. The chances of me running over something before I pulled into the dealer is very slim. The dealer said they cleaned the area up and couldn't find any leak but after the the tank is on they will start searching for the leak and ride it on the freeway. I did have a very spirited ride to the dealer taking it up to numbers I hadn't gone before. I asked if during the oil change if there was a possibility they over filled it and the dealer stated not likely but it is a possibility. The dealer has been very professional about this so I certainly don't blame them and I have trust they will find the problem. I just don't want to keep going back there and saying, "nope, it still leaks" for the next year. I have calmed down since yesterday and do I have any regrets about getting this bike? Yes, I should have bought the black Rocket GT sitting right beside it.;)

Back