trick for beginners.

cappy

Standard Bore
I recently was caught out by the alarm system, on my rocket. I'm from Adelaide in Sth Australia. I cruised up to a place called Mt. Lofty. This location houses all the television transmitting towers. I stopped with my wife to take in the view overlooking Adelaide from the lookout ,when we returned , I found that the alarm system was locked in and would'nt allow me to start the bike . After a while, the penny dropped and I realised that the towers were causing some affect. Luckily for me it's a down hill run and we could coast far enough to clear the interferance. I'd be intersted to know if any one else has been caught in a similar way. Regards, Cappy.

I'm Alarmed

Cappy..... Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you lucked out with the transmitters. How far away did you have to roll the beast? Was it a Triumph Alarm or aftermarket?

I can ride a bike better than using this computer, so thanks for the tip

Welcome!!

Hi Cappy!

I haven't heard of any problems like that but I do know that extremely strong transmitted signals can "bleed" over into areas that where they shouldn't go. Some of the earlier electronic fuel injected cars had problems with wireless phone transmitters that were installed in the cars.

I also know a guy who has about a 1000 watt CB radio transmitter in his car (somewhat illegal, I think) and it blasts through to the entire FM radio band and peoples cell phones, I can just imagine what a TV transmitter would do.

Stay away from those towers Cappy :D... but do hang around here...

Tomo

Hey Cappy did you feel your insides get warm?

It's not surprising that there was that much interference, there are 10's of thousand of watts put out by those antennas. Thanks for sharing the info BTW.

Last edited:
Good to hear about this instance and I never would have guessed.They say your cell phone wont fry your brains but what do they know.So there is a real reason why you shouldn't use your phones while the plane is in fly mode.:eek:

Back