Warp, thanks again. I do have the secondaries in. I've had enough of tinkering with this bike today. I will look at the throttle plates to see if they are all aligned fairly closely. I don't get it, I rode the bike the other day with the old TPS and it wasn't bad, except for some decel popping. Now with the new TPS, which is at .60 and the stepper at .72, the 3rd throttle body is way off. Just frustrated

Warp, thanks again. I do have the secondaries in. I've had enough of tinkering with this bike today. I will look at the throttle plates to see if they are all aligned fairly closely. I don't get it, I rode the bike the other day with the old TPS and it wasn't bad, except for some decel popping. Now with the new TPS, which is at .60 and the stepper at .72, the 3rd throttle body is way off. Just frustrated

Just a wild ass guess but if this only started when you replaced the TPS (before that the throttles were balanced etc..?), and the fault would appear to be a pretty bad vac leak on throttle #3, that's the same throttle as the TPS is mounted on... hardly a leak in around the butterfly seal/where TPS is mounted?

there is also a 7th vac port, right in behind the primary TPS (throttle 3 has 3 vac ports), wonder was it disturbed during the TPS changeout.

Sorry for the slow response not internet at home at mo. Bin the evap canister as recommended here. You dont need any parts and can use the hoses that you remove and link them all or put bolts in the hoses temporarily. Dont stress too kuch about the evap can now though but do get rid of it.

The leak will be on cyl 3. Most likely the hose from the EFI to the sensor. With the stock air intake virtually impossible to see or get to. It may be a small crack that you can't see, black hose in dark area.

Avoid playing/adjusting anything else till sorted. You will need to put it back when resolved.

@warp9.9 is also right, the reason you cannot make it change is its not pulling a vacuum.

Wont be the sensor or they would all read incorrectly.

Start digging my friend.

Just a wild ass guess but if this only started when you replaced the TPS (before that the throttles were balanced etc..?), and the fault would appear to be a pretty bad vac leak on throttle #3, that's the same throttle as the TPS is mounted on... hardly a leak in around the butterfly seal/where TPS is mounted?

there is also a 7th vac port, right in behind the primary TPS (throttle 3 has 3 vac ports), wonder was it disturbed during the TPS changeout.

Or this

Attached is a pic that shows all Cyl 3 hoses RHS is map sensor, middle is where evap would go on certain mods (mine never had it so blanked) and LHS is the 7th Vac Port that @R-III-R Turbo mentions, also capped. It is close to the TPS and may be easily knocked off if pushing the TPS cabling through.

upload_2018-7-30_13-19-58.png

Thanks all, I did see the 3rd vacuum port and made sure it had a good connection. Also the O ring was on new TPS so it seated properly. I do have the triple K&Ns so I don't have to put the airbox back in. The boot on TB looks in good shape, no cracks. I even crimped the vacuum lines one at a time on the 3rd TB to see if that would make a difference.

Nice pic of 3rd TB, mine has hoses on every vac port. The hose to Map sensor needs to stay, the other two can be plugged. Would the tune have to be reloaded do to the new TPS and the ISCV reset ad then reset adaptives. Just thinking of what else could affect the 3rd TB. I do have to say this is a very nice forum, and you guys are very knowledgeable and helpful as well. Thank You!

Nice pic of 3rd TB, mine has hoses on every vac port. The hose to Map sensor needs to stay, the other two can be plugged. Would the tune have to be reloaded do to the new TPS and the ISCV reset ad then reset adaptives. Just thinking of what else could affect the 3rd TB. I do have to say this is a very nice forum, and you guys are very knowledgeable and helpful as well. Thank You!
No as long as you have the proper tune in her you won't need to reload it. Of course it also will not hurt it either. But your fine.did you just add the triple filters or were they their already.

I put them on when I removed the airbox a few months ago. I am using the 20228 tune on Tune Ecu site. Does the O2 sensor being on affect anything.
It will allow the ecu to trim and lean out the lower narrow band areas. But won't hurt it. Besides the vac lines, plug caps , and rhe cheap plastic fitting. I just recemtly heard of a feller having on of his injector O-rings which would be the lower one. Wouldn't hurt to lube them and spin them right in place. Ya just have to slide the lock clip back to rotate them a bit. And i would only wory about number 3.

Back