Tour exhaust by Dain

My @Dain exhaust was installed yesterday, and run today.

I have the RAMAir installed at the same time, and loaded the @HansO Touring De-restricting tune.

The beast is noticeably quicker -- too many variables here to apportion relative contributions to the results -- and with an authoritative note.

And it looks great -- retaining the stock heat shield covering the flex pipe from the stock down pipe to his can. The one I have, at least, is chromed along the length, just short of the weld, and the stock heat shield just does cover the weld providing continuous chrome coverage from engine all the way back.

I could have wished for a few decibels fewer. As is, I wear earplugs anyway, and as is typical with these things, cruise is o.k. -- and when the throttle is opened everyone around will know it.

As it is, normally when I return home on my bikes, my wife rarely knows I'm there. Today, when returning from the test ride, my wife said she heard me coming a block away (she was standing outside).

The bike has been lightened appreciably thanks to elimination of one muffler and the cross-over pipe.

And the price absolutely was right !

I'm a happy camper.

Thank you @Dain !

Rocket-III-Touring-2014-right-20160717a.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my Touring exhaust that some have asked me to make. Just a little more then the Classic I make now and I am working on the Roadster, should be up in just a week or 2.

Dain
Hi Dain. I'm looking for an exhaust for my 2015 Rocket 3 Roadster. And your exhaust sounds pretty good. I'm from India. Can you provide me with contact details with international codes so that I can contact you?

Hi Dain. I'm looking for an exhaust for my 2015 Rocket 3 Roadster. And your exhaust sounds pretty good. I'm from India. Can you provide me with contact details with international codes so that I can contact you?

Go here:

Dain

and choose the Information tab, then choose "Start a conversation"

325 shipped included to the states and 80 shipping for everywhere else. It does not include the head pipe. I can turn the the end cap over to follow the bag and make it shorter or longer if you like.

Dain

Hello Dain,

Just wanted to follow-up on this post. I am looking for a complete system to include headers, slip-on and heat shields. Have you given any thought to producing a full system or are you doing that now? It is my understanding that much of the restriction is in the pipe upstream of the slip-on...is that true? Trying to get the most HP for my 2014 Touring model. What is your suggestion?

Hello Dain,

Just wanted to follow-up on this post. I am looking for a complete system to include headers, slip-on and heat shields. Have you given any thought to producing a full system or are you doing that now? It is my understanding that much of the restriction is in the pipe upstream of the slip-on...is that true? Trying to get the most HP for my 2014 Touring model. What is your suggestion?

I am just doing the mufflers at this time. Skanska161 recently bought one of my Touring mufflers and added a HansO tune and K&N filter and gained 31hp and 40tq. I think thats good numbers and adds about a 1/3 more power to the bike. My muffler is $400 shipping included. PM me for more info.

Thanks, Dain

D
I am just doing the mufflers at this time. Skanska161 recently bought one of my Touring mufflers and added a HansO tune and K&N filter and gained 31hp and 40tq. I think thats good numbers and adds about a 1/3 more power to the bike. My muffler is $400 shipping included. PM me for more info.

Thanks, Dain

Dain,

Sorry if I am repeating questions from other posts. Does your pipe connect directly to the stock header pipes? Does it remove the cat and the connection box? I guess what I am asking is does it remove the restrictions of the stock pipe system? Does it has some baffling insulation that needs to be rebuilt periodically? Thanks for your patience with my questions. I have been thinking that I "need" to do a full system to remove the restrictive nature of the stock set up. Maybe not?

My @Dain exhaust was installed yesterday, and run today.

I have the RAMAir installed at the same time, and loaded the @HansO Touring De-restricting tune.

The beast is noticeably quicker -- too many variables here to apportion relative contributions to the results -- and with an authoritative note.

And it looks great -- retaining the stock heat shield covering the flex pipe from the stock down pipe to his can. The one I have, at least, is chromed along the length, just short of the weld, and the stock heat shield just does cover the weld providing continuous chrome coverage from engine all the way back.

I could have wished for a few decibels fewer. As is, I wear earplugs anyway, and as is typical with these things, cruise is o.k. -- and when the throttle is opened everyone around will know it.

As it is, normally when I return home on my bikes, my wife rarely knows I'm there. Today, when returning from the test ride, my wife said she heard me coming a block away (she was standing outside).

The bike has been lightened appreciably thanks to elimination of one muffler and the cross-over pipe.

And the price absolutely was right !

I'm a happy camper.

Thank you @Dain !

Joesmoe,

We have the same bike. Same color and year. Would I be asking too much for you to do a video of your bike with the new pipe? What do you think about the look with just one pipe out the back?
Rocket-III-Touring-2014-right-20160717a.jpg

It connects to the head pipe and deletes the cat box. It has a hard baffle no need to do anything to it unless you want it louder lol

Thanks

Happy to do a video, but I would ask, 'Why?'

There are aspects of real life that video doesn't capture, and the sound of a Rocket is one of them. (others are gun shots, jet engines, crashing waves, crying babies, rattle snake rattles, etc)

So short of a Steven Spielberg setup with Dolby 7.1 theater sound, I would only mislead you with a video.

As for the look, I only look at the right side, and it looks great. In my mind, I keep "seeing" the reduced weight gained with the single pipe, and the single pipe looks ever better.

The left side is where I put the chocolate and it no longer melts immediately.

Feel free to ask your questions again, if I didn't get it right.

Back