Yes you will need something else besides the PCV unit. Even though it can except a 5 volt signal you could use for a fueling dump on when in NOS mode. But you will still need to adjust the timing especially when the NOS is on. Unless your wanting to change your pistons also !!! When NOS is not set up correctly you are riding on a BOMB:eek: If your planning on a Kit from Bob then you might as well get TUNE BOY as you will need it for their high rpm map.

Sam, in no way am I implying you ripped me off your getting blown up and pissed over nothing. Infact The only reason I have not as of yet put them on Gracie is I am not sure I want to change much on her.

As for them shipping striaght from the ceramic shop well thats how it was arrange and I have now problem with that. It would not make sense to ship them back to you just so you could send them back across the states again. Time will tell but I am thinking they migh be a little small ID for what I am running now.

As for the chemical I only clean min with Pledge in fact I do the whole bike with it. My finish is not comming off either.

As for they way Bob decided on the size of pipe I never bothered to ask him about it. I do know he has been building horse power stuff for quite a long time and I trust his judgement.

With the added horsepower on mine the predators performed well and I am not complaining about there output. I just can benifit from the big out theroy since I have big in.
Anyway you should chill out and not read into stuff so much this is not the political/religous threads you spend most of your time posting on.

Oh and Skip has been eagerly waiting to hear from you about his custom pipe!!!!

the reason they come back to me scott is so i can assemble them and make sure anti sieze is used on all thread parts.. ceramics also bent and crossed stripped 3 bungs on me soooo it is a quality check.
i'll save you and art some time scott. here's the 2 od "carp" design vs preds.. my bike same dyno same tuner..
everyone can decide on their own what is the most "relevant" power band.. just make sure you shift right before you hit that rev limiter where that massive hp difference is.. course i'm sure with your cat like reflexes that wont be a problem.. rev limit on preds 6600 crps 6800

the reason they come back to me scott is so i can assemble them and make sure anti sieze is used on all thread parts.. ceramics also bent and crossed stripped 3 bungs on me soooo it is a quality check.
i'll save you and art some time scott. here's the 2 od "carp" design vs preds.. my bike same dyno same tuner..
everyone can decide on their own what is the most "relevant" power band..

Rpm to low for my power band. I am sure with high compresion pistons big cams and a blower these charts would be different and therefore do not represent much of a test to me. Time will tell.
As for dyno's well Bob runs his and your guy does the same. I am not here to state some tuner is better then the other. Just like I am not here to guess where you got your copy carps, whether it had the same megaphone can on it or not
Carpenter Racing Silver Backs are a different Power Monger, its coming on when the stockers are petering out.

Like I stated before I am not running down your pipes!!!!!!

Now Back to what Drac needs to tune his bike properly especially since he is running NOS

Rpm to low for my power band. I am sure with high compresion pistons big cams and a blower these charts would be different and therefore do not represent much of a test to me. Time will tell.
As for dyno's well Bob runs his and your guy does the same. I am not here to state some tuner is better then the other. Just like I am not here to guess where you got your copy carps, whether it had the same megaphone can on it or not
Carpenter Racing Silver Backs are a different Power Monger, its coming on when the stockers are petering out.

Like I stated before I am not running down your pipes!!!!!!

Now Back to what Drac needs to tune his bike properly especially since he is running NOS

Thanks man. All excellent points well taken. Think we adjusted the timing pretty well. As far as the PCV is concerned it only allows an additional throttle position and cannot be used with nitrous. Provisionally we're running 149hp and 156 tq. Will do final tune with baffle and refilled NOS (empty bottle now). The Tune Boy for a high RPM mapping is next up possibly. Really appreciate your input as always man. I'm in your debt.

everyone can decide on their own what is the most "relevant" power band.. just make sure you shift right before you hit that rev limiter where that massive hp difference is.. course i'm sure with your cat like reflexes that wont be a problem.. rev limit on preds 6600 crps 6800

How's about posting up a picture of your copy-Carp exhaust, Sam, that is if you actually built a set as you claim. If you did, well, then you finally got it right. Congrats!

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

oh philis..please.. you are quite the bore.. how about posting up your bike with the carp pipes.. must have missed that..or is it the commision check that keeps ya excited.
"carps' headers are about as easy as it comes to build.. 1 x u bend 1x90 and 2 45's technically a joke to build.. about 2 hours if the fabricator had never done one before..
who ever is "building" them for carp uses a u a 90 and a 45 and maybe a 15 for the number 1 tube into the collector..unless they are cutting and adding an angle to the number 3 tube like before. since they arent welding it up and are using spring retainers i'm betting 1 hr max if they are cutting the tubes.. if the benders are precutting then 15 minutes to weld the spring retainers .. the assembly time for the client ? well i know how long it took drac..;)

My Carps will be fitted within the month, Sammy Boy, along with a little goosing to my Rock's motor... nothing but the best for me and my Mulberry Mistress. Generallly speaking the best, most elegant designs are also the most simple, however I would hardly expect one so simple-minded to understand or accept that as a fact.;) Maybe I'll post a pic or two of my ride when I'm done if you promise not to get jealous. It's already way purtier than yours.:p

Listen, bud, I've never doubted or questioned your ability, just your apparent lack of honesty, integrity and, of course, that extremely charming personality of yours, which has all of the appeal of a deformed, radioactive, leperous midget (Oops, I forgot, that actually might turn you on:eek:).

Bet you're really popular with the chicks, too!:D

ya okdokie philis.. guess you forgot to mention to drac that carps are soooo loud that basically you're an idiot if you try riding on the street with them..course i guess the term "megaphone" wasnt explained to everyone. forgot about that part when you pushed them huh..oh that's right they're built motor drag strip pipes.. lol
kinda like that u tube video in the parking lot where the "friends" are laughing at the guy with the carp pipes.

phil really.. christie is going to put a big crimp in your love life with his veto.. shouldnt you be on the phone trying to convince him otherwise.. you need to spend your time more wisely

sooo just to be clear.. in all these months of "pushing the carps" you've never actually owned a set of them ? wow
let me guess you're voting for obozo again arent ya ?

Back