Tors or David Platt exhaust?

Rockmonster

.040 Over
Ride
Rocket 3 Roadster
After going on the South Coast get together I fancy a little more noise but don’t want my 2016 Roadster to be antisocial! What do I get? Tors and keep the cat? OR remove cat and keep the standard pipes? David Platt pipes and keep the cat what do you recommend? I’ve read that removing the cat makes it really loud- I’d like to avoid really loud though!
Tors or DP pipes? Presumably I’ll need to get it tuned? Or not? Input very welcome- I really did like the look and sound of one of the guys Zard 4 into one but that is a bit too salty for my credit card at the moment!

I know you guys have MOT to contend with over there where we don't here in the colonies. If you go to an aftermarket pipe or TORS you will need a re-tune. The CATS are in the silencers on late model R3s and your CAT box is just an empty shell. TORS should wake it up for you yet keep it sociable, I am sure there are one or two people on your island that are running TORS if you wanted to hear what they sound like. My knowledge of the CATS is based on the Touring model but I believe the Roadster is the same.

bob

After going on the South Coast get together I fancy a little more noise but don’t want my 2016 Roadster to be antisocial! What do I get? Tors and keep the cat? OR remove cat and keep the standard pipes? David Platt pipes and keep the cat what do you recommend? I’ve read that removing the cat makes it really loud- I’d like to avoid really loud though!
Tors or DP pipes? Presumably I’ll need to get it tuned? Or not? Input very welcome- I really did like the look and sound of one of the guys Zard 4 into one but that is a bit too salty for my credit card at the moment!
Hi Rockmonster, the DP pipes ARE loud! No two ways about it. The TORS pipes are a little more responsible but the chance of getting any new ones off the shelf is slimmer than a slim thing that just came first in a slim competition! There is a member of this forum in the UK, @tails who I believe still has a set of second hand ones for sale.

I only see 1 pipe. Unless I'm missing. I see a9600321 but not 322.

You will need a tune. And if you are buying used you'll need clamps. (At least I did) I used these

BLACKHORSE-RACING 2" 51mm Stainless Steel Accuseal Clamp Butt Joint Narrow Band Exhaust Seal Clamp

Back