TORS Installed on my 2012 Roadster!

ricochet

Rocket Captain
Ride
2012 Rocket III Roadster
Just got back from the Dealership and had the new TORS put on. Wow, I really like them! I know some people have different likes but for me personally I wanted to keep the stock look. Surely enough there is a wider hole at the back of the pipe.

The sound can be described as "This is the way it should of come from the factory" it has so much more presence, it has a deep, rumbly bass tone that you can feel and hear from far away. When you gas it, it makes a wonderful roar instead of a timid sound out of smaller engine. I'm really happy with the way it sounds!

Since it was hard to find TORS sound clips for anythign newer then 2010 or so (Triple TORS) I posted a video showing a Roadster with TORS and how they sound..

I guess I need to find the better tune for my bike since the dealership overwrote my old tune with the secondaries opened 100% all the time, Hanso!!!!!

Well done. I have exactly the same sentiments. Looks and sounds great.

Re the tune, doesn't the Roadster automatically open the secondaries or was that from 2013 on?

Just got back from the Dealership and had the new TORS put on. Wow, I really like them! I know some people have different likes but for me personally I wanted to keep the stock look. Surely enough there is a wider hole at the back of the pipe.

The sound can be described as "This is the way it should of come from the factory" it has so much more presence, it has a deep, rumbly bass tone that you can feel and hear from far away. When you gas it, it makes a wonderful roar instead of a timid sound out of smaller engine. I'm really happy with the way it sounds!

Since it was hard to find TORS sound clips for anythign newer then 2010 or so (Triple TORS) I posted a video showing a Roadster with TORS and how they sound..

I guess I need to find the better tune for my bike since the dealership overwrote my old tune with the secondaries opened 100% all the time, Hanso!!!!!

I do like the TORs on my bike. They will get a bit louder and more deep in tone as you put a few miles on the bike. I have about 2,500 miles on them and they sound better than ever. I am however going to open up the intake/exhaust shortly and make even more noise!

Hope the police are not prowling this site:roll: most after market pipes are not street legal (TOR= Triumph Off Road) not to sure about the ones we use, I have the same set as you do now my Triumph Adventurer has TORS also and stamped right on them in big enough letters that Stevie wonder can read them it says-----FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY:sick:

Hope the police are not prowling this site:roll: most after market pipes are not street legal (TOR= Triumph Off Road) not to sure about the ones we use, I have the same set as you do now my Triumph Adventurer has TORS also and stamped right on them in big enough letters that Stevie wonder can read them it says-----FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY:sick:

That's not really a concern where I live. It's hardly enforced and they are not even 1/4 the sound needed to sound as loud as a straight pipe like on some Harleys or sport bikes. If it doesn't sound abnoxious no one will bother you. We don't do inspections here :)

If you compare the new unrestricted R3R tunes to the older R3R tunes in Tuneecu, the only difference is in the secondaries table. The fuel and ignition is the same. The pre whatever vin (look at the Tuneecu site) that you have has the secondaries closed in most of the table. All you need to do is take the older R3R TOR tune and open the secondaries up 100% except in the upper right corner. You can get those values from the new R3R TORs tune and insert them into the old one in the same cells. You could just open those cells to 100% but there may not be enough fuel there. What you end up with is the "unleashed" Roadster according to Triumph. Save that tune. Then you could try someone else's custom tune and use the one that works the best.

Ricochet, nice sounding pipes. Glad you posted the sound clip.

On my 12 Roadster, the dealership also installed the appropriate secondary restricted Triumph tune after my TORs were installed. I copied the unrestricted tune into it to open the secondaries. I did end up with what I felt was a bit of a bog in third and some more than normal decel popping. Was able to get 2 of Hanso's tunes from Scuba Craig, one with 5% more fuel, the other with 10%. I have been running the 5% tune since and am happy. No more decel pop and excellent mid range. When I eventually install the Ram Air filter package, then the 10% tune will go in. Hanso, Scuba Craig, hope you don't mind me posting your tunes that I got some time ago.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0vkbg9utnjsns4/Craigs 20355 Map derestricted plus 5 FL.hex?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6uotzmy30j0gl80/Craigs 20355 Map derestricted plus 10 FL.hex?dl=0

I've also included the link to the post tune 20355 Hope this helps.

Hello Gregger... So how is the Tune working for you so far? I have a 2012 Roadster with TORS installed. Will put K&N shortly plus a cat delete. But for the time being.. was about to try the 5% more fuel tune. Thanks for any pointers.

Axle, first off if you have TORs installed you don't need to delete the cat. You got rid of it when you replaced your stock mufflers (stock mufflers equipped with CAT on Roadsters). The cannister between the pipes under the engine is empty.

I have been using the 5% extra tune since Sept 2014 with no problems. Good fuel mileage, no decel popping, good midrange and excellent acceleration. Try it and see if you notice any difference over your stock tune. I'm sure you will. When you replace your intake, try the other tune. Can't hurt.

Axle, first off if you have TORs installed you don't need to delete the cat. You got rid of it when you replaced your stock mufflers (stock mufflers equipped with CAT on Roadsters). The cannister between the pipes under the engine is empty.

I have been using the 5% extra tune since Sept 2014 with no problems. Good fuel mileage, no decel popping, good midrange and excellent acceleration. Try it and see if you notice any difference over your stock tune. I'm sure you will. When you replace your intake, try the other tune. Can't hurt.

Hello.. I just installed it.. Going on a 100mile trip tomorrow.. will try it then. Regarding the CAT delete you are right. But I am planning on removing that box and using this in its place:
Besides that, I already have the K&N filter kit. Have not installed it. Planning on installing the filters with that pipe and maybe PowerCommander 5 with Autotune. What do you think? Thanks.

Regards,
Axel

Back