Biggest factor in that R6 question is power to weight ratio. It has a third the weight of a Rocket but similar HP ratings. Basically means a Rocket has to get a blow job to achieve the same BIG-O as that little R6 tart can do all with self-stimulation! :lol:

that's basically "why" I questioned the initial statement m8,

I KNOW an R6 can out top an R3,

and I know it's about weight,

so therefore BHP is not necessarily about how fast you can go

in my case I have 1 manpower, but it's trumpin about 220lbs,

so whenever my arse is movin there's a lot of power there :lol:

Allan

Re: R6 v R3

Nev said:
A good 07 R6 with a pipe and careful mapping does about 117-119 rw. A R3 with 150RW will not go as fast because a) it has the aerodynamics of a brick ****house, b) the R3 has less torque at 6000 than it does at 2000rpm. c)the R6 will do 16000 rpm and is geared to suit and has max torque approx 14500 it is also 165kgs dry intead of 345kgs dry. Disclaimer,weights and rpms may not be exact due to memory:) Also the R3 is speed limited to 220kph unless you Tuneboy it. With the amount of torque the R3 has a different way of testing the bikes would be to fit a fat chick to the back of each one ,then add a trailer and bags and enough gear for a 4 dayweekend,then see who wins.

Now that would be a level playing field!!! :lol:

Re: R6 v R3

Nev said:
A good 07 R6 with a pipe and careful mapping does about 117-119 rw. A R3 with 150RW will not go as fast because a) it has the aerodynamics of a brick ****house, b) the R3 has less torque at 6000 than it does at 2000rpm. c)the R6 will do 16000 rpm and is geared to suit and has max torque approx 14500 it is also 165kgs dry intead of 345kgs dry. Disclaimer,weights and rpms may not be exact due to memory:) Also the R3 is speed limited to 220kph unless you Tuneboy it. With the amount of torque the R3 has a different way of testing the bikes would be to fit a fat chick to the back of each one ,then add a trailer and bags and enough gear for a 4 dayweekend,then see who wins.

like I said, basically max rwhp is only 1 part of the whole equation.

now I wonder what an R3 engine in a spondon frame with some decent aerodynamic design features and a larger rear wheel would do then .... mmmmm

pity I canna afford to see

Back