Took her to the mountains for first time

atlsrt44

Nitrous
Ride
2018 rocket 3 roadster
So due to horrible weather and having to work today was the first time I got to take the rocket to the mountains.

I'd been watching the weather all week and everything was looking good with a plan of leaving at 9am and heading to suches ga.

Woke up about 8 and looked outside and fog sp thick you could cut it with your hand. Looked up weather and it said should be gone by 10. Ok good.

Left the house at 930 and visibility was fine. Kept having to wipe my faceshield due to mist.

After about 30 miles I was about to turn around figuring the mountains would be even worse.

Decided to tough it out for about 20 more miles to dawsonville and turn around there.

Soon as I hit dawsonville clear skies and sunny. Wtf.

Ok so the bike handles beautifully. I could carry more speed than I could on my m90. All and all I had a blast. Love this bike.

Attachments

• 20181125_112753.jpg
    20181125_112753.jpg
    386.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 20181125_121507.jpg
    20181125_121507.jpg
    380.2 KB · Views: 1
So do we. Mountain carving is exceptionally fun. Be sure to upgrade your front and rear suspension. Progressive type front springs and 7 weight fork oil and some type of improved rear shock like Hagon Nitro et al. Avon Cobra Tires make a huge difference too. Change the front tire size to the 140/75R-17V. These minor changes make a HUGE improvement and boost your confidence to crank her over.

Yesterday around 72 degrees in the afternoon. Went for a ride. Today 37 degrees and a strong north wind. :(:(:(:( Know the feeling of getting lucky and having a good ride this time of the year.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yesterday around 72 degrees in the afternoon. Went for a ride. Today 37 degrees and a strong north wind. :(:(:(:( Know the feeling of getting lucky and having a good ride this time of the year.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I thought getting lucky on a ride in Oklahoma meant you found a curve. :p

Back