To modify or not to modify.... that is the question

Very difficilt for me to accept that 170 is a true and accurate reading on a stock engine.
Until I see one of then 170s dupliated on a different updated dyno, I shall remain skeptical.
Mine is just 160 and I'd love to run off with one of those 170s. I'll even meet you half way!
THATS easy STEEL has one and his bike was tuned by EXTREME MACHINES so go getem that should be fun

I ran my 2016 Roadster quietly without putting the motor under undue stress by revving the crap out of it, for the first 500kms, changed the oil to amsoil....ran it the same until i had 1000kms on it then did my additions...k&n's, pcv, tors etc.
Didnt want it to come back and bite me down the track because i was impatient....so far its behaved itself...
Mind you, i never over rev it and keep it where i think its safe....have always been like that with motors..she goes along just fine...

THATS easy STEEL has one and his bike was tuned by EXTREME MACHINES so go getem that should be fun

Sure, no problema, Scott and I have rode.
Wonder if he will get off his monster and do it?
Please enlighten me as to what other dyno and tuner has gotten 170 from a stock engine???

Sure, no problema, Scott and I have rode.
Wonder if he will get off his monster and do it?
Please enlighten me as to what other dyno and tuner has gotten 170 from a stock engine???
Kinda far fetched imo, but we all know about dyno numbers lol. Go see what she traps, and calculate that with the weight, then tell me what you think about those dyno #s.

So, people are getting 160 to the wheel with, or without parts and (of course) tuning? I'm thinking with a Carpenter exhaust, ram air intake, and good tuning, I should be sitting in the 150-170whp range when the day comes. They're rated at 140 at the crank from the factory, and I'm guessing dyno's will probably show 110-125 whp bone stock normally?

You stated that the new bike is not as fast as your 2007. You found that out in under 10 miles? My kinda break in period. Hell, tear the dam thang down and have fun. We might be pushing up daisies next year

You stated that the new bike is not as fast as your 2007. You found that out in under 10 miles? My kinda break in period. Hell, tear the dam thang down and have fun. We might be pushing up daisies next year

I was surprised how much noticably better the throttle response is, even at part throttle, on my older bike. It has a hanso tune, k&n, and a slip on muffler. It still scares me a little, but the new one is a *****cat. Of course the new bike is still "tight", so that's probably part of it.

No license or insurance on the new one yet, or would've ridden it a lot more. I think I'm going to go ahead and put everything on it. I think I will be disappointed in it come spring if I don't. Hopefully there's no warranty issues .

Very difficilt for me to accept that 170 is a true and accurate reading on a stock engine.
Until I see one of then 170s dupliated on a different updated dyno, I shall remain skeptical.
Mine is just 160 and I'd love to run off with one of those 170s. I'll even meet you half way!
Yep 170 is impossible. Everyone knows that I'm just a lying POS, that posts made up stuff to impress the unenlightened.

Yep 170 is impossible. Everyone knows that I'm just a lying POS, that posts made up stuff to impress the unenlightened.

Calm down there, Brother.
#1-I never mentioned you or your motor.
#2-What I hold suspect is the dyno reading, not the veracity of the tuner or the bike owner.

I have watched/saved many posted dyno sheets of stock Rocket engines with only improved intake and exhaust along with many I have had done on my R3R over the years.
Based upon my experience, known data and conversations with guru tuners, I reckon if you had a "170 HP" then ran it on several other dynos, it would not be verified.
I am curious if yours was done on a Dynojet dynamometer or exactly what brand and model?
Since new (now 62K), mine has hit 160, but usually reads between 156 to 158, which is pretty much the same as what others have gotten.
There are indeed many variables at play, but this number would seem to indicate that your 135,000 mile stock Rocket is the fastest one out there that I know of.
Did not never intend to P you off . . . just skeptical. :inlove

Back