To modify or not to modify.... that is the question

Calm down there, Brother.
#1-I never mentioned you or your motor.
#2-What I hold suspect is the dyno reading, not the veracity of the tuner or the bike owner.

I have watched/saved many posted dyno sheets of stock Rocket engines with only improved intake and exhaust along with many I have had done on my R3R over the years.
Based upon my experience, known data and conversations with guru tuners, I reckon if you had a "170 HP" then ran it on several other dynos, it would not be verified.
I am curious if yours was done on a Dynojet dynamometer or exactly what brand and model?
Since new (now 62K), mine has hit 160, but usually reads between 156 to 158, which is pretty much the same as what others have gotten.
There are indeed many variables at play, but this number would seem to indicate that your 135,000 mile stock Rocket is the fastest one out there that I know of.
Did not never intend to P you off . . . just skeptical. :inlove

#1Didn't mention me or my bike? Hmmm
Sure, no problema, Scott and I have rode.
Wonder if he will get off his monster and do it?
Please enlighten me as to what other dyno and tuner has gotten 170 from a stock engine???
If it'll ease your mind, yes indeed I'd get on the stock Classic and give you a 1/4 mile run to see if there is a difference. We can even do a top speed run if you'd like. I've only brought her to 160 (gps indicated) in 4th, but she felt like she still had plenty more.

It put up 167 hp at Carpenter, and Bob quit trying because it made more hp than he'd seen on a stock R3. But I wasn't satisfied with the partial effort he put on the tune, so I brought it to Tommy at Extreme Machines. Tommy took the time to fully tune it and picked up a couple of hp. Why does it make a couple of more hp than other similarly set up bikes on the same dyno? I don't know. Maybe it was a manufacturing difference, maybe because after 135,000 miles it just spins up freely.

#2 you question the dyno and mention that it's not up to date (in your original post), well you can read about the dyno here: https://www.xtrememachines.us/learn-about--factory-pro-dyno

Back