Just needs to make a follow up post.

G852 grip on hard acceleration while leaned over is not great. In moderate leans, 2nd gear will spin the back at 60%+ throttle from 2000 rpm quite easily, even smoothly rolling on.

The only saving grace is that they break away very smoothly and regrip very smoothly, and I suspect its my suspension not the tires that allows it to be so smooth and predictable.

Because of that characteristic, I would definitely not recommend them for use by anyone who rides aggressively on stock suspension as it could lead to a very unexpected low side.

I went ahead and ordered Avons this time to try them out anyway from tireexpress.com. Obviously, if I don't like them, I'll be back to Metzlers.

OH.. I also know that the new Suzuki C109RT is running Bridgestone Exedra G852 rear tire. 240/55-16. I looked and looked for this, but coudn't find it readily available yet. Once this tire is available, I believe it will be cheaper. Although, I don't think it's V rated. They also have a G701 front tire, 150/80-17 for the Valkyrie that will fit ours.

Dang.. I should have called the local Suzuki dealer first.. :)
I've been buying 240/55's from Rocky Mountain ATV for well under 200.

Back