Throttle lock?

snicrep

Supercharged
Ride
08 r3 touring
Took the r3t out today and noticed the throttle seemed to be sticky. At first i thought my son had screwed it up. He tends to break things he uses. Upon closer inspection, i found that the throttle end twists to increase friction. Not quit cruise, because i cant see how youd set it while riding.. Any thoughts on how thats intended to be used?

I have a throttle lock on my '08 Touring and it works by twisting it in the direction of opening the throttle. Twist it as far as it will go and it will gently hold the throttle where ever I set it. If set up correctly it will just overcome the throttle spring tension. The throttle can still be moved open or closed when it is engaged, or you can disable it by turning it in the throttle closing direction.

I have a throttle lock on my '08 Touring and it works by twisting it in the direction of opening the throttle. Twist it as far as it will go and it will gently hold the throttle where ever I set it. If set up correctly it will just overcome the throttle spring tension. The throttle can still be moved open or closed when it is engaged, or you can disable it by turning it in the throttle closing direction.
Ok. I need to work with it more. This is good news. I wanted cruise, this may be good enough.

They all work on the same general principal as stated above. Attach a pic and let's see what it looks like. May be able to point you in the right direction on what it actually is and maybe we can help you find some more info on it.

They all work on the same general principal as stated above. Attach a pic and let's see what it looks like. May be able to point you in the right direction on what it actually is and maybe we can help you find some more info on it.
Ill take pic later but it looks identical to the left grips end cap, so im pretty sure its stock.

For years now I've been using the stock bar end weights as a throttle lock on my Rocket(s).
I Gorilla Glue the allen screw and pieces together so that turning the bar end weight turns the screw into or out of the bar end. Add a rubber washer, or in my case a SuperGlide front wheel seal between the weight and bar end and you have a throttle lock that allows you to adjust tension.
Works for me, YMMV.

Last edited:
I have the Kaoko throttle lock and also the Atlas throttle lock. I use them both. I had the Kaoko on first and it works but can be a pain at times with the roll on roll off. The Atlas doesn't look as good but it works well and it's quick on/off. If one is good then two must be great. If I could just get the wife on board with my line of thinking.:sneaky:

I have the Kaoko throttle lock and also the Atlas throttle lock. I use them both. I had the Kaoko on first and it works but can be a pain at times with the roll on roll off. The Atlas doesn't look as good but it works well and it's quick on/off. If one is good then two must be great. If I could just get the wife on board with my line of thinking.:sneaky:
Ill need some kinda cruise if im ever to go on a trip anywhere. Ive noticed in the last year i get tingley, numb fingers when i have my hands up on the handlebars for more than 15 mins. (Im getting older😢) but i refuse to quit. Ive started working out to increase circulation. I have a physical job and am "strong like bull".

they work great on longer rides.
what happens to me is after a while gripping the throttle hand gets tired then i set the lock and it doesn't take much pressure to move to adjust speed so u can relax hand.
as soon as i get into town off it goes or u will be revving when u shift.
also in case of emergency u pull the clutch and it will go to about 5000 rpm.

Back