Throttle body injection connectors

hoopla

Mained to ride!
Ride
2022 Rocket 3 GT
PCV install, with stock filter system, 2016 Roadster

To get at these little buggers,:unsure: I assume you have to start with the throttle body intake plenum, remove from the throttle bodies and intake duct and work backwards from these to expose the connectors, or is there an easier way. Are the connectors obtainable once the intake duct is out? How long to get connectors in place?

Thanks

Hoopla

I think when my Dobeck Performance AFR Plus was installed all we did was raise the tank to get to the connectors. Patience is a virtue.

PCV install, with stock filter system, 2016 Roadster

To get at these little buggers,:unsure: I assume you have to start with the throttle body intake plenum, remove from the throttle bodies and intake duct and work backwards from these to expose the connectors, or is there an easier way. Are the connectors obtainable once the intake duct is out? How long to get connectors in place?

Thanks

Hoopla

If your just interrupting the injector wiring for the PCV install, the plugs are under the tank from memory, with the stock airbox they may be tucked under that big lump of plastic.

Once exposed about a minute to unplug and install, will take 100 times longer to get that d*mn ducting off and on. Would suggest getting K&N's or Ramair first, you'll be thankful as that stock airbox is a mongrel to reassemble.

Recently gave away my old K&N 2780's to a mate when we were working on his bike simply because I couldn't be bothered reassembling the air system after balancing the throttle bodies.

If your just interrupting the injector wiring for the PCV install, the plugs are under the tank from memory, with the stock airbox they may be tucked under that big lump of plastic.
Yes that is precisely my question, can I get that lump out from the top? I'm thinking not because of the assembly process that I gleaned from the manuel, could be wrong that's why the questions. For me I think the noise from the injectors would be bothersome, so I want to keep the stock air filter system.

Hoopla

I'm thinking ypi guys are a little off the pcv probably plugs int the injector harness up front. Im not near mine but I would guess right under the tank up front with all the other connectors it probably plugs right between the main harness plug to injector harness plug.

I'm thinking ypi guys are a little off the pcv probably plugs int the injector harness up front. Im not near mine but I would guess right under the tank up front with all the other connectors it probably plugs right between the main harness plug to injector harness plug.

Hi Warp

Correct it does plug in there, just wasn't sure if they were still easily accessible with stock air box as mines been gone so long. The PCV connections are just unplugging and adding in an "extension" lead for want of a better description, its the Crank position sensor plugs I had trouble reaching.

Back