THE REBIRTH OF NUMBER 74

IMG_1371.JPG IMG_1370.JPG IMG_1369.JPG Well one of the orders came in today along with not one but two free T-shirts. Alex Baver is good people. Wife got one to.

Not sure if i screwed up or not. Installing the pistons with new rings I just used a ring compressor and inserted pistons from the top. They slid right in. First piston pulled out and inspected the new rings and they looked fine. Anyone else do it like I did.?

Not sure if i screwed up or not. Installing the pistons with new rings I just used a ring compressor and inserted pistons from the top. They slid right in. First piston pulled out and inspected the new rings and they looked fine. Anyone else do it like I did.?
I installed from the top with tapered ring compressor, no problem. Tried the band and plier compressor and wasn't satisfied . As long as rings don't turn or slip out and grab top of block, all's good. Lube cylinder walls and rub some oil on rings and skirts before installing. Lube wrist pins.

Last edited:
Really A bit disgusted with myself. I forgot to order the three torx bolts that hold the input shaft in place. Dummied up on that one.

Downloading pictures on this site is A hassle. Just going to leave it at what was installed today. Shame. No details. IMG_1385.JPG IMG_1382.JPG IMG_1378.JPG IMG_1376.JPG IMG_1383.JPG IMG_1375.JPG Did figure out a easy way to replace the bearings in the Clutch cover. IMG_1388.JPG Right size washers and it slips right in Same for the top one and the dust seal. IMG_1393.JPG IMG_1395.JPG worked out rather well. Smooth and no side to side motion.

Last edited:
Back