Test rode a GT and an R

I come from M109R,s so I like the forward controls with drag style handlebars so I test drove both bikes and was amazed by the difference, altho they both ride good the R had more direct steering, so I did as I had in my mind before the test rides and ordered a GT with R handlebars and the bike is perfect like that, have to say that I'm 6'5"! My dealer swapped the handlebars but it took a lot longer than the 1.5hrs Triumph claims it takes to swap, they had to remove the fuel tank to get to all the connections of the attachments of the handlebars!
I'm 5'6" and I suspect the touring seat, mid controls, and swept bars should fit my body type fairly well. The forward foot controls on the GT were a bit of a stretch for me and the forward bars on the R were too much weight on my wrists for comfort. At 49 I'm looking for every opportunity to go easy on the joints.

I'm 5'6" and I suspect the touring seat, mid controls, and swept bars should fit my body type fairly well. The forward foot controls on the GT were a bit of a stretch for me and the forward bars on the R were too much weight on my wrists for comfort. At 49 I'm looking for every opportunity to go easy on the joints.
see Triumph has fitments for everyone, GOOD JOB Triumph!! lol

My dealer swapped the handlebars but it took a lot longer than the 1.5hrs Triumph claims it takes to swap, they had to remove the fuel tank to get to all the connections of the attachments of the handlebars!
all connections are in front of the headstock, I'm in the process right now and won't need to remove the tank thankfully... all connections removed already!

I prefer much better the look of the R, first main reason are the handlebar and no backrest pad and 3rd reason is the foot controls.

Nevertheless I had to get replaced my R handlebar by the GT' given that the R position was too tiring for me. Thus why I prefer now less the look of my R when I look at her from the front, so I look at her from other angles and above all I enjoy how comfortable she is (and easier to maneuver her) with the GT handlebar.

Regarding the foot controls, definitively the R' : more natural, better look since in line with the R3 type (muscle/roadster bike) . The foot forwards commands look, my taste, fit only customs bikes.

Back