Tank Bra for Rocket III

Dang, you could be Ray Braswell's brother. That's a nice tank bra. I certainly hope it fits better than the Triumph offered bra that I bought, installed, then took off and traded for the block that fits on the rear of the tank. I could see that the Triumph offering would, in short order, rub the finish from the tank as it wiggled to and fro collecting road grime between the leather and the painted surface.

I see you are in Tucson. I wish I'd have know that 2 weeks ago. My wife was out there doing some gummit stuff at Raytheon. You could have went to dinner with her....I'm sure she would have bought. It's only your money she's spending.:D

That size and shape fits better with the contours and color scheme than the OEM at approx. the same $$. Great look and the back side with a soft suede is a major plus!

Man

All they do is rub the paint off the tank. Once you put one on after a while you have to leave it or you have a nice wear make on the tank.

My bra is chafing me.........

All they do is rub the paint off the tank. Once you put one on after a while you have to leave it or you have a nice wear make on the tank.

I suspect that would be an ongoing problem no matter what the back of the leather bra was padded with. Road grime and dust is like rubbing compound and any movement at all will cause a rubbing effect and paint removal. I also suspect that the only way to eliminate that would be to literally glue it to the tank with weatherstrip adhesive. That would preclude any movement but removing it could be and would be a *****.

That chafes my butt

I suspect that would be an ongoing problem no matter what the back of the leather bra was padded with. Road grime and dust is like rubbing compound and any movement at all will cause a rubbing effect and paint removal. I also suspect that the only way to eliminate that would be to literally glue it to the tank with weatherstrip adhesive. That would preclude any movement but removing it could be and would be a *****.

After 6 months with the OEM tank "bra" I found a tad bit of chafing along several lines under the bra. I used Honda Glare polish and all is well. I first found the Glare polish was remarkable restoring the finish where the seat rubs against the tank. Since applying the polish numerous months ago, removing the hazy chafing, the damage to the high gloss shine has not reappeared. It's some slick ****e.

After 6 months with the OEM tank "bra" I found a tad bit of chafing along several lines under the bra. I used Honda Glare polish and all is well. I first found the Glare polish was remarkable restoring the finish where the seat rubs against the tank. Since applying the polish numerous months ago, removing the hazy chafing, the damage to the high gloss shine has not reappeared. It's some slick ****e.

Rocky:
My concern is the clear coat over the base coats. Usually, clear coat is soft and I'd be worrying about dulling of the finish. If the Honda stuff works, that's cool, but, when the clear coat is gone, it's gone. remember, the clear coat is probably no more than a couple of Mils thick.

Who's Ray Braswell? Or is it Bras - Well?

It's Raymond Braswell. I suspect Ray likes Bra's that swell just fine...........

Or where is Raymond? Has he gone on the road full time as a Milka groupie?

We need to push Ray to get a laptop with a wireless card so he can keep us all apprised of his adventures......

Back