Enjoy the new ride. I have to say of all the bikes i've owned my Suzuki GT 550 gave me the most enjoyment and dependability . I beat that bike so badly and she never broke down. I often wish other bike manufacturers had the insight as Suzuki has. :)

Attachments

• 75%20suzuki%20gt-550%201.jpg
    75%20suzuki%20gt-550%201.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 95
Good luck with the new ride. I was looking for a 109r when I found the Rocket. Still have the 109 itch. :D

Best way to scratch a 109r itch is to walk outside, sit on your Rocket, start it, put it in gear, ride off slowly and then give your right hand a quick snap when the revs touch 2000.

The rocket 3 is a great bike and i miss mine, but my c109rt i am enjoying very much, much easier to muscle around even though it's heavier the rocket always felt top heavy. The engine is hard to beat on the rocket but the 109 actually gets it pretty good and i'm not dissapointed in it at all after coming off a rocket which i was worried about. I always liked v-twins and big cruisers but the big triple does have tons of charisma. The great thing about a rocket is it doesn't look like every other harley. Triumph rocket 3 tires-150 front, 240 back, Suzuki c109rt front-150, back 240. I really want to keep the Suzuki for a fair while (whatever that means) but in the future i can see another Rocket. The Japanese makers seem to be getting away from big cruisers except for the raider. The Kawi nomad is nice but i did 't feel the engine would do much for me, especially after i read the reviews. I like the Kawasaki vulcan 2000 but it isn't offered anymore. I think the rocket could be improved with a few changes Monoshock, 2.3 liters could produce a lot more power, i mean bmw has a 999cc bike with 180 plus horse power. Anyway this is not my last bike and Triumph has a place in my heart will see what the future brings with the rocket, God forbid they drop the rocket, if the vmax can last since 1986 i think the rocket should go for at least 30 years.

I have come from a M109R the Rocket is in my mind a better bike handles better and rides and stops better. The Suzi is a good bike but the Rocket is better and looks like nothing else , unlike all the HD copies . Used to piss me off when people would come over and say nice Harley lol. :)

Funny i thought that was one of the main reasons blokes bought Jap cruisers ... want people to think they were on Harleys without outlaying Harley prices. The amount of de-badged or custom painted Jap cruisers you see it must be the reason a hell of a lot of blokes buy them ... Obvious the manufacturers want people to think it's a Harley ... getting harder all the time to pick a HD from a Jap look-a -like when you see them coming down the road. Personally i wouldn't want to own either !!

Back