"Surging" at cruising speed

Well, besides the 12 minute tune, I have tried everything that Triumph has thrown at me that "will fix my problem." And as of this writing, my Rocket is back at the dealer's--when I test rode it yesterday, it started idling at 4,000 rpm--that was while I was riding along i third gear. I shut the throttle to begin slowing down for a red light, and the bike kept going. Eventually managed to get back to the dealer with the idle changing from 4 grand to 3 grand and back and forth:mad: Anyone looking to buy a Rocket cheap?

M dealer dropped the standard tune in my classic(they are different) I drove it there and they loaded the new tune and did the 12 minute tune. Two things here were different. The engine was hot (about 40 miles worth) and the cute little tool he hooked to the bike diddn't settle down for over twenty minutes. From what he told me that is quite common and 12 minutes was a bare minimum.

No problems with my throttle cables. I had to replace them at 20,000 miles when one broke (so I replaced both of them) They are not binding or such--they are working really smoothly. My dealer is the Santa Rosa Ca Triumph dealer. It really seems like the problem is if the diagnostic computer says that nothing is wrong, then the "technicians" have no idea what to do. It's like my last Ford van--had problems going up long hills. Dealer put it on his omputer, and since it showed no "codes" nothing was wrong with it!!! I finally donated it to a local charity.....now as far as my Rocket is concerned, I like it a lot more than that Ford van, so it's not getting donated to anyone. But it would sure be nice to have it running again......

Back