Sump drain plug o ring question

Eric R.

Supercharged
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
Hi guys, when I pulled the sump drain plug( the one with the o ring), I noticed the o ring was at the base of the threads. My question is shouldn’t it be within the groove just below that? I’m not sure f I did it wrong last time. The picture will show where it presently is. I just want to be sure.
Thanks in advance, Eric

Attachments

• 1D809AAA-9FCF-4A8C-B243-1DB2425A964F.jpeg
    1D809AAA-9FCF-4A8C-B243-1DB2425A964F.jpeg
    113 KB · Views: 12
Hi guys, when I pulled the sump drain plug( the one with the o ring), I noticed the o ring was at the base of the threads. My question is shouldn’t it be within the groove just below that? I’m not sure f I did it wrong last time. The picture will show where it presently is. I just want to be sure.
Thanks in advance, Eric

You did it wrong. Does not look damaged. Id just place it in the grove and put it back in. Order a set of crush washers and this O ring for the next time. I re-use the crush washer.

Thanks in advance, Eric
Yep wrong spot. Not to worry your tank probably leaked down faster then most. Looks a wee bit deformed. If you need to ride slip it in the groove spin her up and order one. Either way you need one.

Now back to my Menudo :D

20191025_171406.jpg

Last edited:
Warp, what do you mean by saying my tank leaked down faster than most?
What is this o ring for? Doesn’t the crush washer prevent a leak onto the ground?
I have no indication of oil on my garage floor.

Back