Summer ride in Florida

Fingers

Living Legend
Ride
2015 R3T
My wife came home from shopping this morning and says : are we going for a ride? So off we go by 9:00 am temperature is up to 89f and as usual for Florida HUMID.A fairly good ride but after 265 mi. We were glad to get home to the air conditioning.worse part of the day was putting the bike I the building had 110f after being closed up all day.Such is riding in Florida in the summer.

No thanks. Not for me. Love Florida winters but oh those summers. I was assigned to a Battle Group staff in the mid 80s in Mayport and the ocean was so warm it was not even refreshing to take a dip

I hear you on the temps.

This past week I've been in Vancouver and Salt Lake City... Neither place got above 85F. SLC has been 82-83 with 20% humidity. I am dreading going back to Miami next weekend.

I am an ATGATT rider using a full face helmet. Lived here for 40 years. When summer comes I rarely ride. Just don't enjoy dressing for the slide...not the ride and then being in my own personal sauna all day...not enjoyable for me. Its not as bad on the highway with air movement but thats not the type of riding I like. I look at it like the guys up north who don't ride during the winter...ie too cold...snow...ice etc. So I just don't ride much for about four months a year. Thats me...YMMV!:)

It gets hot and humid here too and I try to ride early and finish early when it’s 92+ degrees. Most of my riding buddies including the wife grumble about the early hours and I don’t like getting up at 5:00 am either but it beats the heat stroke.

It gets hot and humid here too and I try to ride early and finish early when it’s 92+ degrees. Most of my riding buddies including the wife grumble about the early hours and I don’t like getting up at 5:00 am either but it beats the heat stroke.

Agreed...early for sure, if I go at all. Like to be done by around 10am too.

I'm moving from Buffalo, NY to Florida, my cousin there told me in the summer he only rides at night.

Back