We are talking about pulling out early and finish the week riding Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. Man this place is a zoo
You will love Yellowstone and grand Tetons. The road from Wyoming through Cody into the east entrance to Yellowstone is also one of the best roads I have been on. Beautiful scenery as it winds along the river.

You will love Yellowstone and grand Tetons. The road from Wyoming through Cody into the east entrance to Yellowstone is also one of the best roads I have been on. Beautiful scenery as it winds along the river.

Sounds like Dead Indian Pass!
If so, indeed a good ride; but, be mindful of all those tar snakes!!!

just got back from meeting my brother. He was coming up from Florida and I meet him in Sioux Falls SD. I really didnt want to go to Sturgis this year. Blasted down the interstate making time doing 85 miles an hour and i was in the slow lane. On the way home , we went back roads, WAY WAY more enjoyable. I hope that no one here becomes a statistic. be safe and make good choices. ( replaced detent spring, just in time to go on trip. bike worked great and no leaks. 1200 mile trip.)

This picture is from another forum that I frequent. This was taken yesterday morning. This traffic is on the Interstate and 170 miles east of Sturgis!!!! Can you even imagine that much traffic all the way to the Rally???

Sam

Attachments

• qYPCv7Dh.jpg
    qYPCv7Dh.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 0
These reports of massive traffic and congestion makes me feel there was a silver lining in that I was forced to cancel my plans to be there.

This picture is from another forum that I frequent. This was taken yesterday morning. This traffic is on the Interstate and 170 miles east of Sturgis!!!! Can you even imagine that much traffic all the way to the Rally???

Sam
Imagine how it would be if no one trailored thier bikes there...

Last edited:

Sam

Not my idea of a vacation......

Sam
Oh Yuck!!!!! .......... only been in that sort of Traffic a couple of times (when I was forced to leave on the Sunday at Phillip Island due to work comitments) and it really sours the the trip

It is just as bad when you leave the Rally unless you leave like on a Thursday or early Friday because of all of the riders on the roads, there are no motels available, even hundreds of miles away. On the Interstates, when we left one Friday morning to come home to Southern, California, we rode almost 600 miles before we found a vacant room to stay in. It seems not only the Sturgis Rally causes tourist traffic but an American Indian POW-WOW from many Indian tribes was taking place with thousands of participants!! 100 degree temps for 500 miles and then freezing temps in the Wyoming mountains for the last 100 miles or so made for an unforgettable day.

Sam:)

Back