Stuck in fifth and clunking, -after advice, hints tips and tricks TIA

I've borrowed that (and the bar that goes with it) from the dealer a couple of times. I had planned to take that schematic to a machinist along with a couple of cartons but haven't got around to it yet.

My alternative was to source a bolt that matched pitch and diameter and taper the end to fit...but haven't got around to that either...i have an 11 month old so spare time is a long forgotten luxury...

A 3rd option is order one from Triumph if you are feeling wealthy!

We will take this opportunity to summon @Mittzy and @Ishrub who might know of one on the east coast somewhere...both are resourceful fellas :thumbsup:

Good to know 👍👍 thank you
Heading to Triumph tomorrow to pick up some bits I ordered the other week (irrelevant to this) will hint at the option to borrow 🤙
Have asked for quotes from a couple of engineer mobs here too.

**** like this holds up the entire job, ah well back to work soon anyway 🤑🤑🤑👎

Good to know 👍👍 thank you
Heading to Triumph tomorrow to pick up some bits I ordered the other week (irrelevant to this) will hint at the option to borrow 🤙
Have asked for quotes from a couple of engineer mobs here too.

**** like this holds up the entire job, ah well back to work soon anyway 🤑🤑🤑👎
Get one from Triumph in USA and have a member post it over for you via USPS etc. much cheaper than here in Oz!
Australian dealer list price
T3880200 - T3 PULLER ALTERNATOR R
  • Price
    Au$277.90
UK VAT exempt price
9Puller, Alternator Rotor
T3880200
Share this part
1-3IN STOCKUS$47.64 excl. VAT(£37.40)-QuantityMinus

US dealer list price

9: ALTERNATOR ROTOR PULLER T3880200
",C"
1Ships within 1 to 2 business weeksUS$65.91$65.91

1591827893528.png

I see you found Paul's drawing already.
Good to see people searching the forums. ;) :cool: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

1591832274474.png

Last edited:
Here is an example with brass nickel finish. Au$12.46

I registered and used the search function and the images clear up.

I sorted them by cost, cheapest first! ;) :whitstling:
Nylon, Nylon with fiberglass, nickeled brass, other metals etc.

You could make a nylon/rubber/wood plug with the 30 degree chamfer to clamp inside the cable gland. There should be at least 46mm thread to use and the nuts could possibly be locked against each other to form the Hex head to extract.

PP002684 -
Cable Gland, M32 x 1.5, 16 mm, 22 mm, Brass, Metallic - Nickel Finish

1591843907135.png
1591844017070.png

This one is available in stock $17

The smaller cable size with same M32 x 1.5mm thread COULD mean thicker tube walls for greater strength, but it may just be the inner plastic glans that vary in internal opening diameter.

53112140 -
Cable Gland, Skintop® MSR-M Series, M32 x 1.5, 7 mm, 15 mm, Brass, Metallic - Nickel Finish

1591844777618.png

I use a medium size rattle gun on the extractor and it takes every bit of torque to break the rotor loose so I am wondering if part of the expense of the tool is in the steel used to make it? Something too soft risks stripping I would think

Last edited:
we
Good point re torque required Hillbilly redneck don't work all the time. ;) :oops:

Once you go to Stainless steel the cost is as much as the tool part nearly!:(:(
Au$100.51

1.740.3203.51 -
Cable Gland, Hygienic, M32 x 1.5, 18 mm, 21 mm, Stainless Steel

Getting one made from high tensile $100

Any alternatives to the clutch basket tool, might order one this arvo otherwise?

Cheers gentlemen!!

Back