Stepper motor regulation problems

Warp9.9 your help is always appreciated
I am not the best at explaining
The main thing is to have the primary plates closed and the tps set at .62
Like with tuneecu when u check the stepper retracted make sure there is a gap .

all ISCV voltage along with the TPS both primary and secondary are set with the engine switch on so everything is powered up but the engine is not running. You do not have to have power on when changing the stepper motor itself and presetting the .5 mm .
Of course if the throttle close is not the same. I can see after several starts things going out of whack with normal stepper operations especially when it self adapts to much. Can you imagine checking all these parameters water temp, outside air temp and pressure density at different altitudes when the throttle plates are not or in some lucky cases are repeating. It's not a CNC but it must have some type of ladder programing to the ECU. I hope I didn't butt in.
I am going to guess that the stepper motor was adjusted out to far and not able to retract enough to let the throttle go to full closed.
What i would reccomend is turn that adjuster nut in about 5 turns in and
When doing the tuneecu make sure that you have clearance at the end of stepper motor.
I will say it is possible
For the throttle to be held tight and rpm be as high as 5000 rpm do to sticky parts where the cables attach.
So while the stepper motor is retracted make sure that the disc where the stepper shaft/adjuster nut touches will move about 1/16 of an inch.
Then set tps at .62 (not .60).
What year mc is it?
Can you remove air filter to see if throttle plates are closed?
thanks a lot for the help, tomorrow I'll try to screw the nut and redo the adjustment!

My rocket is from 2016
Yes, throttle plates are closed!

Warp9.9 your help is always appreciated
I am not the best at explaining
The main thing is to have the primary plates closed and the tps set at .62
Like with tuneecu when u check the stepper retracted make sure there is a gap .
should this be the time to measure 0.5?

this morning I saw that when I press the reset for the first time and the stepper motor retracts, there is space!

Ok Tomorrow i adjust ti 0,62 The primary tps!

The .5 mm gap is just a preset gap when you are installing a stepper motor. Not when one is already on the bike. You just need to do the full ISCV. But first listen to Herman and clean clean, clean. Sound to me like your throttle it sticking and not closing which is why you can reach down there and close the throttle plates by hand.
Hope this helps. Sorry to butt in Herman.

Forget about the .5mm

I thought that the primary goal was to get .12 between them whatever the starting point was? So when at .60 try to get to .72 and when at .62 try to get .74 etc

Found it again Engine Idle Question remark made by @R-III-R Turbo

Thanks guys, all solved!
My problem was that the accelerator throttle didn't reset to the starting point!
And so this staggered the distance then with the stepper motor!
I leave the photos here to understand each other better as I don't know English well and I'm using a translator.

Well lubricated the throttle body and the stepper motor and then reset the tps settings and it returned to move correctly between 0.60 and 0.72!

Made adaptation reset, now the bike is perfect! The minimum drops as from the map!

Thank you all, super kind!

Attachments

• Motorino passo passo ISCV 2.jpg
    Motorino passo passo ISCV 2.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Motorino passo passo ISCV.jpg
    Motorino passo passo ISCV.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 37
I thought that the primary goal was to get .12 between them whatever the starting point was? So when at .60 try to get to .72 and when at .62 try to get .74 etc

Found it again Engine Idle Question remark made by @R-III-R Turbo

Step 1 with stepper motor retracted and throttle closed you set the tps
Step 2 with stepper motor applied you set the stepper motor adjustment.
With both set proper the .5mm may or may not be correct depending on wear of these componets that's why i say forget about the .5mm cause more than likely you will screw up the tps settings.

Back