stator replacement

Initially I ordered an OEM replacement through Hermy's, but they told me it would be up to four weeks to get it. So, I cancelled it and ordered one through Rick's Motorsport Electrics. @DEcosse had given them a thumbs up, so I thought that would be good. Less money, too.
@DEcosse gave me same advice, i was just checking because he said beware of knock offs. He is the man and has been so helpful to me for sure, top notch guy for sure

Praised be @Prestaged . This is an important topic, a well developed thread, and qualifies for high knowledge and will be a sticky. The recommended source for the stator will be preserved in the sticky "Links", under the forum "Rocket III Resources". Thank you.

Last edited:
Just an update on my stator replacement project that I have been working on as time is available. I finally got her buttoned up today. I have attached some pics of the process of putting her back together -- the stator's home awaiting its new resident; the old stator meets the new; stator in place; rotor in place; cover back on and starter installed; swingarm, exhaust and rear wheel back in place.

After refilling the oil, installing the battery and everything else that was needed, I took a deep breath, turned the key on and hit the starter button. She started right up and is charging a little over 14 volts. Went for a ride of about five miles -- pulled into the garage, shut her off and restarted. Voila! Or whatever the expression is.

I am going to take her for a long ride tomorrow and see how things go. But at the moment it is looking good.

IMG_20191211_173200778.jpg
IMG_20191211_173946070.jpg
IMG_20191211_183924842.jpg
IMG_20191212_184743164.jpg
IMG_20191214_134917341.jpg
IMG_20191221_123233297.jpg

Thank you for posting: gorgeous photos. I hope it runs as well as it appears.

Please report back.

We wish you the greatest success - miles and smiles.

Great, it is a real good moment at time of contact when the rocket fires and all systems are a go, happy riding and good job!

Back