stator replacement

mr hunt

Living Legend
Ride
2013 Roadster
Following @DEcosse 's very helpful advice in my RR thread it seems that the stator has a ground somewhere and presumably is ****ed. On the plus side i have 2 brand new RR's for sale...

...having been into the R3 guts numerous times I'm of a mind to try and repkace the stator without actually removing the engine entirely...has anyone actually tried this? Any thoughts are appreciated at this point :thumbsup:

What I did I got from warp, raise the rear up and you can get it.

CEEEF47E-AF1E-4E16-8D04-B98522E2AE0C.jpeg
235140A9-B4A5-4963-BA77-B1C194DE15B3.jpeg
067ACC9E-C8BA-43BD-897A-68601BEF2D23.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you have to remove the front end to get enough angle at the back?
The front does have to come loose, radiator off, I took off front fender and tire also, to clear and have the room to pivot. Don’t forget about temp sensor I guess some have broken it, I left it on was careful not to touch it.

Lifting rear frame, search for that Mr. Hunt rocket scientist and warp and decosse helped me when I did mine, not sure why it’s typing bold

Yeah...I've replaced one of those :whitstling:

Did the rear frame engine mounts foul on the block at all? Normally i lift the frame off the engine and have a couple of scracthes on the alternator cover where I've had a hard time dropping the frame back over the engine.

The front does have to come loose, radiator off, I took off front fender and tire also, to clear and have the room to pivot. Don’t forget about temp sensor I guess some have broken it, I left it on was careful not to touch it.
… and you should not forget to remove the oil pressure sensor.
Regards, Georg

Back