Stalling when starting warm

Assuming you tilted the tos as the manual shows when you installed it.

I don't have a manual so didn't know about that bit. Could you explain it to me please? I rotated it a bit while pushing it into the throttle body gently to locate the shaft in the TPS before pushing it home. Is that what you mean?

Also yes I did it as you say except I reset adaptives before I did the 0.6V and 0.72V steps not after.

Perhaps that's the problem?

OK, so now I've done the ISCV reset again. Didn't need to change the physical adjustments. They read 0.6V and 0.71V (close enough). Then I reset the adaptives. Then ran the 12 minutes tune.

Shut it down for about 15 seconds.

Restart and it idles perfectly.

Only thing I did differently is rest adaptives after the ISCV reset (instead of before) and the stepper motor adjustment was 0.71V not 0.72V. Everything else was the same.

Oh well. reckon I'll just ride it now and keep the extra TPS I ordered for "just in case".

Last edited:
Went for a good ride today. The bike settles into idle every time, no issues.

I also turned the O2 sensor on just to see the difference. It certainly clears up the fuel smell at idle and to be honest, I think it helps the smoothness at highway cruising speeds.

It's slightly more snatchy off idle so a little more care is required when opening the throttle out of corners. Also hoping it'll improve highway fuel economy.

Highway mileage before changing the TPS and turning on the o2 sensor was rubbish. 9 - 10 L/100kms (that's about 25mpg US).

So ... let's see how it goes.

Winner!

Rode 110 kms this afternoon (pretty much all highway). Used 7 litres. That's 6.36 l/100kms or 37mpg (US).

That's more like it.

24 litre tank so should have a highway range now of about 375kms (233 miles) before coughing to a stop.

Before I'd be lucky to get 250kms (155 miles).

Quite a difference and now apparently not entirely out of the ballpark of what it's supposed to be.

Last edited:
100kph - that explains a lot.

Yeah, we don't have the freeways where I live that you get in Europe or the US. Plus I was really trying to see how little fuel I could use in prep for an Iron Butt run early next year. Trying to work out logistics of fuels stops etc and need to know what kind of distance I can do. Next thing is to see what mileage I get doing combination city and highway riding. Then I can at least count on somewhere in between those figures for the Iron Butt.

At the moment I am doing a fair amount at 90-110 because my mate has moved his workshop into the city.
But my LONG runs are generally at closer to 140kph (130-150 GPS). I keep under 30 over the limit to avoid points on my ticket.

Back