Stalling..Cutting out

Mine did this also when it was new, I belive the dealer adjusted the stepper motor. When you pulled in the clutch the idle would drop to low and stall. But only when the engine was hot not when it's cold or warm. Has not had this issue since 500 miles and I now have 6k plus.
Hope you get it sorted out!!

ive done about 2500 miles on it, so im fairly sure it will be run in by now :D;)

Im going to ring the dealership on monday anyway.
Anyone had this stalling problem on a 2015 R3R ?. Mine did it today just as I was approaching the top of a motorway slip road, I went from 3rd to 2nd and was just opening the throttle (my exit was clear) when it stalled. It could have ended quite badly with me just changing down and getting back on the throttle because the bike shot forward as I let the clutch out and the engine bumped back into life!.....totally unexpected!.

My 2015 has done this probably 8 times in three months.... Fully stock...

Yes this sounds like the Stepper motor and TPS units need some adjusting/tweaking in. you might have to use the voltage tolerances to tweak her in.

Mine did this also when it was new, I belive the dealer adjusted the stepper motor. When you pulled in the clutch the idle would drop to low and stall. But only when the engine was hot not when it's cold or warm. Has not had this issue since 500 miles and I now have 6k plus.
Hope you get it sorted out!!
My 2014 Roadster did this a few times, took it back to dealer who said he would download more updated information, no more problem.

okay so I have the same issue, 2015 with barely 400 miles on it and has stalled at slow speeds many times... I would safely say 7-8 times and took it to the dealership and of course they said they did all the bells and whistles but when I left for the ride home it did it again!!! wth...

Anyone had this stalling problem on a 2015 R3R ?. Mine did it today just as I was approaching the top of a motorway slip road, I went from 3rd to 2nd and was just opening the throttle (my exit was clear) when it stalled. It could have ended quite badly with me just changing down and getting back on the throttle because the bike shot forward as I let the clutch out and the engine bumped back into life!.....totally unexpected!.

Mine was getting uncomfortable between 0% and 5% throttle recently. It did not actually stall, but it felt like juddering and jerking a bit when just rolling without throttle, or going back to a little bit of throttle. It was also sneezing into the airfilter a few times when idling, especially with cold engine.

I was told the 02 sensor is probably damaged from driving without cats.
So I took my existing custom tune from the tuner, ticked the 02 sensor off and loaded it into the ECU right after a 12mins tune. Problem is gone and bike runs like a dream.

I was told the 02 sensor is probably damaged from driving without cats.
I doubt that very much as the O2 sensor is situated before the cats.

It is important to have the throttle completely closed when starting the bike otherwise a false 0% throttle signal could be seen by the ECU, causing stalling problems.

I doubt that very much as the O2 sensor is situated before the cats.

It is important to have the throttle completely closed when starting the bike otherwise a false 0% throttle signal could be seen by the ECU, causing stalling problems.
Ian is right but also equally important is to hook the software up and see if everything is set right!!!! This way you will also find out if your technician is worth more then a bucket of dung :D

Back