Spy shots new rocket

My opinion of the bike is simple. With enough beer just about anything starts to look good in this case it would require one #ell of a lot of beer. For 35k i could buy a brand new 2018 roadster and have the transmission done along with a Carpenter 260 kit installed and still have enough money left over to cover powder coating (Black) and all the suspension up grades along with a upgrade on lights and turn signals. Would not only look better than their copy cat diavel but would run circles around it. Even after all that i'm sure that there would be enough pocket change left over for a really sharp paint job. Downside would be no traction control,fly by wire, rider modes,or sixth gear. #amn the bad luck.

I will sit back and wait for official specs on this one. 180hp is not that hard to accomplish on the current R3 for the most part. My main concern is whether or not they are locking down the ECU on this model as they have on some of their later offerings. If they do what is the purpose to purchase other than you like the styling and it is a newer model.

bob

upload_2019-1-11_17-20-17.png

According to Declan, the new Rocket III will almost definitely be released later this year, as a limited edition TFC model, no official spec yet but indications are 2.5L with 180bhp, 6 speed, and an eye-watering €30-35k.

The "entry level" version will be along later, for less money but also "much" less power at maybe 150bhp.

Now I have first refusal on the first one in this country :D
What does the 2018 Rocket cost over there

Don’t like the rear of it either. Showed the concept photo to a mate, said he preferred the style of my current Rocket.
My missus doesn’t like it either.
If I had the money, I wouldn’t be interested enough to take one for a test ride.

For those of you who would not buy one because they look ugly go to your garage and look at your current R3

But I think that’s part of the appeal of the original Rocket, yeah it’s pig ugly( especially standard) imho,but everyone knows it’s a Rocket as it looks like nothing else.

Back