Spy shots new rocket

Already increased my direct deposit to savings.

Think I'm going to keep my 2013 and make it a bit more friendly for two up since this one doesn't look like it's going to be comfy for the pillion on road trips lol.
I agree with Chris. The Proto model looks to be a heck of a cruiser. Exciting to see that Triumph would put this effort and cost in the super bike market. Limited in scope of use. Not capable of a touring ride with my wife. Oh well, I don't plan on selling my 08 R3T anyway.
As a single rider platform, and a muscle bike from the factory, this has bike could be today's "real deal".

I love the look of it, like others have said it has a Diavel touch to it. Not much of a backseat :/

Beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that...............as has been mentioned it looks like something Ducati did with the Diaval years ago?
Now I know it’s difficult to come up with anything original these days ( don’t mention exhausts), but I don’t think it does the Rocket brand justice.

011019-2020-Triumph-Rocket-III-spy-photos-engine-detail.jpg

011019-2020-Triumph-Rocket-III-spy-photos-002.jpg

011019-2020-Triumph-Rocket-III-spy-photos-008.jpg

011019-2020-Triumph-Rocket-III-spy-photos-003.jpg

011019-2020-Triumph-Rocket-III-spy-photos-005.jpg

011019-2020-Triumph-Rocket-III-spy-photos-001.jpg

Much smaller rad.
Article mentions 2 peg positions, forward and neutral. Looks like forward one is shown
2 exhausts on right and 1 on left
Much beefier front forks
Is that the starter under the swingarm?

I think the rider is @warp9.9 . He rides around with laptops on the tank. Gotta be him.....

I don't know if I like the rear end of that thing

I agree, the rear looks like shiz. Generally I despise the jacked up, dirt bike'ish look of modern sport bikes and this is in the same neighborhood. It's very Ducati Diavel looking from the rear section.

Last edited:
Wonder if they're actually going to offer different colors on this one? I know the TFC teaser was in red, but what about the standard models. I would sure like some of the colors available on the Bonnie variants available on these things.

upload_2019-1-11_17-20-17.png

According to Declan, the new Rocket III will almost definitely be released later this year, as a limited edition TFC model, no official spec yet but indications are 2.5L with 180bhp, 6 speed, and an eye-watering €30-35k.

The "entry level" version will be along later, for less money but also "much" less power at maybe 150bhp.

Now I have first refusal on the first one in this country :D

Back