Speedo/tachometer problem, resets after every drive.

cskals

.040 Over
Ride
R3 standard 2005
Hi all.
I changed my clutch last week, and ever since, my tripcounter resets every time I turn of the bike.
Also, the Tachometer and all the lights on it, doesn't work.
The backlight is on, but the indicator lights and so forth are not working.

I assume that when I disconnected the fan I must have pulled in som other wires, but after investigating all the connectors, it all look fine.

So I guess it's a loose connection, so my question is, which connector/color of wires am I looking for?

Thanks in advance.

Given the issues you're describing it defo sounds like you've disturbed a connector bloc or worst case scenario pinched so.e of the wiring harness whilst reassembling.

I'd start at the handlebars, work back towards the ecu/battery and check everything, unplug and connect again, may as well clean/grease as you go. Just make sure you haven't pinched any wires when you're in there.

i would check the fuses and make sure u have 12 volts on both sides of the fuses

Thanks all for your input.

I was hoping for a hint on the colors of the wires I should look for.

But if nobody knows, then it's back on it :)

Thanks again.

one of those fuses
when it is bad it causes the trip to reset. i can not remember witch one. there has been people work on their bike for a while and then find the fuse bad.
does the tail light work?
check all the lights ect if u can come up with something pacific i can more than likely give u a color of that circuit.
do you have manual?
just now posting after 2hours break

?

one of those fuses
when it is bad it causes the trip to reset. i can not remember witch one. there has been people work on their bike for a while and then find the fuse bad.
does the tail light work?
check all the lights ect if u can come up with something pacific i can more than likely give u a color of that circuit.
do you have manual?
just now posting after 2hours break
?

Hi there.
You were right, after I worked several hours to find the bad wire, I checked ALL the fuses and yes, the one for "heated grips" were blown.
My bike don't have heated grips though, but changed it and all good now.

Thanks all.

Back