Spark plugs for a 2007 rocket 3 classic

They’re ok but ngk 7803 iridiums are better
Not trying to be smart here but could you tell us how they are better? More power? Better gas mileage? Less expensive? Longer lasting?

In my experience using Iridiums, I've not noticed any difference other than cost, but to each their own I guess. @Frederick45 have you had any complaints using the original plugs that came with the bike? If not, they are good to go. Oh, the Iridiums will also work just fine.

Iridium’s burn the gas in the combustion chamber more quickly and therefore cleaner in my opinion

We could start a fight about iridium plugs. Many years ago some stated they caused poor running. The stats on them show they have higher resistance than normal plugs and actually require more juice to get equal spark. The iridium is harder and does not erode away as easily as normal plugs. Thus maintaining the gap. Long life with a high output electrical system is what they are good for.

We could start a fight about iridium plugs. Many years ago some stated they caused poor running. The stats on them show they have higher resistance than normal plugs and actually require more juice to get equal spark. The iridium is harder and does not erode away as easily as normal plugs. Thus maintaining the gap. Long life with a high output electrical system is what they are good for.
I guess there are enough spark plug preference opinions out there that could bring us close to the infamous "Oil Thread" debate, debacle, disagreement, agreement, discussion, etc etc etc.....

And don't forget tire brands and filter types as well as gasoline grades...

Just my opinion... :)

Years ago i put iridium plugs in my Durango and figured if they got just a small amount of better gas mileage and lasted just a little longer then they would pay for the extra price.
I guess I need to check the miles and maybe pull one to see what it looks like.

Back