Someone in Ohio is happy

I'm not sure how it could have fallen off, although some have reported them falling off. There are two bolts holding them on, one of which would have to unscrew into the seat. You would also have to remove the seat to remove the cover.

There was another thread on this site where a guy lost his. If my memory serves me right the Touring models do not bolt on instead it has some type of clips on it and pushes on. so you might not be dealing with a thief. it Might be Mr. wind and a shotty design. If it bolted on I believe you would have to unbolt the seat to unbolt the panel which might be why Triumph altered it from the original Rocket design. Could it be its the way to have easy access to the plug you hook the computer to? The manual does show they just clip on instead of bolts I will have to spend more time looking to see if thats the way you access the ecu cable or something as I am sure there must be a reason for the change.

They're known to just fall off. Mine almost did, but because I drilled through the rear mounting stem and put a ziptie through that and around the frame, I got to keep mine. But the first warning I had about it was when it started literally flapping in the breeze, so I can totally see it easily just vanishing on the road without you noticing. It's more likely really than theft.

I'm not sure how it could have fallen off, although some have reported them falling off. There are two bolts holding them on, one of which would have to unscrew into the seat. You would also have to remove the seat to remove the cover.

You're talking about a normal R3 or R3R. The R3 Touring side covers mount on rubber grommets and are just pushed on. Meanwhile, the seat is bolted down on the Touring.

Every R3T user should remove the grommets, smear a string of silicone around the rubber grommets in the groove, then push them back on and let the silicone cure. That should limit the likelihood of accidentally just pushing them off when putting the cover back on. Plus the ziptie through the cover and around the frame.

The problem is with the original design. They were designed for a detuned slow Touring and you guys are reprogramming it to be fast liek a normal Rocket. This is scaring the parts off of it but like a Harley it will get better fuel mileage the lighter it gets. until it reaches the untimate Harley mileage because your pushing it :D

Watcher said he was "100% sure " it was there when he got off his bike .. so unless it just fell off while parked and a very strong wind blew it out of sight across the carpark ..then some prick stole it :rolleyes: Karma catches up with the ***cin lowlife rats that steal bikes (and bike parts ) mate .

Watcher said he was "100% sure " it was there when he got off his bike .. so unless it just fell off while parked and a very strong wind blew it out of sight across the carpark ..then some prick stole it :rolleyes: Karma catches up with the ***cin lowlife rats that steal bikes (and bike parts ) mate .
Yes I seen that I just thought I would mention the other threads from Touring people who lost theirs. If it was actually on then I hope as you stated Mr. Karma rides in hard and fast on the low life. I to have had things walk away from my Bike and it does bend my faith some.

yes it was on I'm sure of it would bet the bike on it it was right side ordered one today it will be here Fri. I was sure I bought a Triumph so why is that part 249.00 plus tax:mad: I guess if it was HD it'd be more :p

yes it was on I'm sure of it would bet the bike on it it was right side ordered one today it will be here Fri. I was sure I bought a Triumph so why is that part 249.00 plus tax:mad: I guess if it was HD it'd be more :p
Your wrong dude if it was a Harley you would not even have tried to ride that far as you would have been pushing it:laugh:

Back