Solo gel seat for Rocket

$120 will be well spent ;) if i didn't have to carry a pillion the gel solo is the seat i'd be running .. just that the pillion pad sucks.

I have been working on a bracket to use the original triumph drivers backrest with the solo seat.

A couple of years ago I sold a Utopia backrest to Hanso that had a custom bracket to suit the Roadster. I had one of these custom brackets left over and I am modifying that.

I like the clean lines of the solo seat but also enjoy my backrest. The original Roadster riders seat is a real plank and good for 50km.
I also have a dual touring seat with backrest which I had modified by Comfy seats in victoria when I ride two up and it is way better than the standard dual seat.

I have been working on a bracket to use the original triumph drivers backrest with the solo seat.

A couple of years ago I sold a Utopia backrest to Hanso that had a custom bracket to suit the Roadster. I had one of these custom brackets left over and I am modifying that.

I like the clean lines of the solo seat but also enjoy my backrest. The original Roadster riders seat is a real plank and good for 50km.
I also have a dual touring seat with backrest which I had modified by Comfy seats in victoria when I ride two up and it is way better than the standard dual seat.
Aha that who it was I bought it from, not long ago I was thinking "now who was it I bought it from"

I also have a dual touring seat with backrest which I had modified by Comfy seats in victoria when I ride two up and it is way better than the standard dual seat.[/QUOTE]

Any chance of a pic of the modded seat .. and what exactly did Comfy Seats do to your stock seat ? How much " way better " do you reckon it is , dollar spent wise i guess i mean ?

I will have a gel seat for sale plus a Utopia back rest and a gel pillion as soon as I can scrape together the money for a Corbin as the Corbin gives me a bit more leg room plus with the heat feature might help with arthritis in my hips (yep I am falling apart) the gel is definitely better than the Stock seat send me PM with a contact number and suitable time of day to call you and we can discuss price if you are interested it will be reasonable price

HansO,
If you be talking about the "modified" single seat Utopia back rest - send it on and I'll send you $$$ so you can get the Corbin!
PM forthcoming,
1olbull

Any chance of a pic of the modded seat .. and what exactly did Comfy Seats do to your stock seat ? How much " way better " do you reckon it is , dollar spent wise i guess i mean ?[/QUOTE]

I had 1 inch added to the riders seat and also had the front of the seat narrowed which lets your legs come together more and lets you touch the ground easily even with the extra height.
Cost was $420 which included a new custom cover. Comfort wise I would say a 25 to 30 percent improvement. The more I ride it the better it gets.

Here is a couple of photos of the bracket I have playing with to use the original Triumph back rest.
Once powder coated black it should not look out of place and I find setting 4 or 5 to me around the mark.

I had the stock dual seat on my touring Rocket and replaced it with the Triumph gel seat. I like it a lot. The seat is more firm and seems to give me more leg room.
But what's more, adding a back rest to the seat. Helps give my tired back support. :)

69birdflu does the Triumph gel seat give you more legroom by moving you back and/or moving you up? I have a 2011 R3T with a stock seat and I need more legroom. The gel would be an economical alternative for me. Thanks.

Back