Solo gel seat for Rocket

nox273

.060 Over
Hi All

Does anyone have the Triumph solo gel seat for the standard rocket, and if so what do you think of it?

I was thinking of buying one.

cheers

They are a great seat , i borrowed one once. Rode from Darwin to WA border and back all in the one weekend. Solo gel seat is more comfortable for the rider than the Roadster Gel and Classic dual seat in my opinion.

I had the stock dual seat on my touring Rocket and replaced it with the Triumph gel seat. I like it a lot. The seat is more firm and seems to give me more leg room.
But what's more, adding a back rest to the seat. Helps give my tired back support. :)

They are a great seat , i borrowed one once. Rode from Darwin to WA border and back all in the one weekend. Solo gel seat is more comfortable for the rider than the Roadster Gel and Classic dual seat in my opinion.

Did you find it the same shape and width as the original seat or does the shape vary.

I have both seats for my 2005 they both suck after the first hundred miles or so... If you want real comfort for any extended time in the saddle your going to have to go custom and there not cheap $600-$700+. JMO Being down under get yourself a piece of sheep skin and fit it to your seat it helps. I spent a lot of time trying to find the right seat at the right price ,it's not easy. I use the Mustang seat on the Harley best bang for the buck,but for some reason they don't get along with Triumph...FYI call around to different Triumph dealers and ask if they have any discounts on gel seats. My dealer gave me one for $100 that someone returned thinking it was going to be better. It is but not by much.. I'm hoping to ship my stock seat out to this guy Don Weber... Mr.Edsmoto in Oregon one day when i have extra cash :rolleyes: Good Luck

Mr. Ed's Moto Custom Seats Mr. Ed's Moto Albany, OR (541) 926-2107

Attachments

• IMG_0938_edited.jpg
    IMG_0938_edited.jpg
    529.1 KB · Views: 154
Did you find it the same shape and width as the original seat or does the shape vary.

Same size and shape as stock solo seat . Only the cover is greyish instead of black. I actually ended up with the one i borrowed for the WA ride, got it when i brokered the sale of the mates RIII. Gave it to Donny , he loves it ... he thinks it's heaps better than the stock seat .

I'm sure the standard gel seat is better but I had the gel low seat for a while. After a couple of hours my butt would be on the seat pan. I also had the gel passenger pad.. and passengers didn't care for it because it basically squashed up their butts after a while. Also.. the gel seat gets really hot after sitting in the sun. I used to carry a towel to put over it when I rode to work... I think the standard gel seat would do provide much better long ride support though..

I will have a gel seat for sale plus a Utopia back rest and a gel pillion as soon as I can scrape together the money for a Corbin as the Corbin gives me a bit more leg room plus with the heat feature might help with arthritis in my hips (yep I am falling apart) the gel is definitely better than the Stock seat send me PM with a contact number and suitable time of day to call you and we can discuss price if you are interested it will be reasonable price

I will have a gel seat for sale plus a Utopia back rest and a gel pillion as soon as I can scrape together the money for a Corbin as the Corbin gives me a bit more leg room plus with the heat feature might help with arthritis in my hips (yep I am falling apart) the gel is definitely better than the Stock seat send me PM with a contact number and suitable time of day to call you and we can discuss price if you are interested it will be reasonable price

Thanks for the offer Hanso. I have been offered a new one for $120 from an ex triumph dealer who had one left over from old stock, he just won't let me try it out for a few days.

I used to have a Corbin on my Kwaka Meanstreak and they are a very well made seat but I could never get past how hard it was and preferred a Mustang. With Corbin you either love em or hate em.

$120 will be well spent ;) if i didn't have to carry a pillion the gel solo is the seat i'd be running .. just that the pillion pad sucks.

Back