So it's official?

Torquex2

Supercharged
Ride
Tr3r. VN2000
So I’ve had my first post “ super unbelievable R3r vibration” up on this global forum for a month now. And no one has posted a reply which puts their Triumph even close to the category mine seems to fall into. So I guess it’s official. My first experience with Triumph is to purchase, and own the worst vibration problem ever. Wow, but I can’t win $100 on a lottery I’ve played every week for 25 years. What a stupendous, capital L in the middle of my forehead I must be 🤣😂. If you can’t laugh at it, you might as well just walk into traffic lol.

Don't feel bad, I've owned 3 Triumphs, I've had catastrophic failures or unsolvable issues with all 3, I'll never own another.

If you’re bike’s as bad as you say you certainly shouldn’t put up with it. I don’t know the history but surely if the problem has been there since new you should be able to get it rectified. Hard to imagine you’ve been cut adrift.

Starting with my Rocket bought in 2009 my wife and I have had 13 Triumphs since then and only had two problems in total. Detent spring on my Rocket and a Street Triple 765 RS needed a new dash, which was swapped under warranty. Other than that they’ve all been absolutely perfect. Previous bikes have been awful, the worst being a Kawasaki and a Ducati. Admittedly my Honda 750/4 and Suzuki GT750 gave me no grief but by far the best made and most reliable bikes I've owned over close to 50 years have been Triumphs.

So I’ve had my first post “ super unbelievable R3r vibration” up on this global forum for a month now. And no one has posted a reply which puts their Triumph even close to the category mine seems to fall into. So I guess it’s official. My first experience with Triumph is to purchase, and own the worst vibration problem ever. Wow, but I can’t win $100 on a lottery I’ve played every week for 25 years. What a stupendous, capital L in the middle of my forehead I must be 🤣😂. If you can’t laugh at it, you might as well just walk into traffic lol.
Sell it and get an older model. my 2004 is as smooth as butter up to about 4.5k revs then only a slight buzz through the foot pegs..

Sell it and get an older model. my 2004 is as smooth as butter up to about 4.5k revs then only a slight buzz through the foot pegs..
I still own and ride my 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000. It also developed a vibration I’ve also not yet solved. I just wanting something new, special, and smooth with this Triumph. In all honesty, I don’t believe I got any of those three things.

If you’re bike’s as bad as you say you certainly shouldn’t put up with it. I don’t know the history but surely if the problem has been there since new you should be able to get it rectified. Hard to imagine you’ve been cut adrift.

Starting with my Rocket bought in 2009 my wife and I have had 13 Triumphs since then and only had two problems in total. Detent spring on my Rocket and a Street Triple 765 RS needed a new dash, which was swapped under warranty. Other than that they’ve all been absolutely perfect. Previous bikes have been awful, the worst being a Kawasaki and a Ducati. Admittedly my Honda 750/4 and Suzuki GT750 gave me no grief but by far the best made and most reliable bikes I've owned over close to 50 years have been Triumphs.
I shall endeavour to get this issue solved with Triumph next spring. I unfortunately don’t have the wealth of resources others enjoy. It took me a lot of convincing to get this last big purchase passed through “Congress” 👩🏻‍🦳. My wife doesn’t ride, and doesn’t understand my concerns with this bike. To her, it just sounds a lot like a guy complaining a lot about the big new shiny bike he just blew half her savings on. Not a topic I want to broach with her. Hence my joining a forum. I can’t afford to sell, or trade in this bike because of the massive hit I’ll take financially. So I’m more or less stuck with it.

Back