Slow but painful dismount....

Hey Tal, when looking at that video, is there anything you could have done differently, besides not riding that day? I like learning about safety.
yes...probably if ide slowed down earlier and had a real good look beyond the bike in front of me i might have seen her intentions....it caught me out the rate i closed on her bumper even tho i was hard on the brakes now as i hadn't realized she had actually stopped.
Initially i got off the brakes so i could alter my line so as not to go straight into the bike in front as he came back to me real fast once his brakes came on cos he stopped as well...i managed to just miss him on his right...just!..but there she was turning now...kaboom!....whizzz!.....thump!!!!.....'geeeez...that hurt!!'...stood up and immediately stood the bike up and wheeled it off the road....then the pain started....and what pain!...i found sitting on the bike was the answer....
20211010_112639.jpg
20211010_122641.jpg
20211010_150830.jpg
20211010_150849.jpg
20211010_150930.jpg

yes...probably if ide slowed down earlier and had a real good look beyond the bike in front of me i might have seen her intentions....it caught me out the rate i closed on her bumper even tho i was hard on the brakes now as i hadn't realized she had actually stopped.
Initially i got off the brakes so i could alter my line so as not to go straight into the bike in front as he came back to me real fast once his brakes came on cos he stopped as well...i managed to just miss him on his right...just!..but there she was turning now...kaboom!....whizzz!.....thump!!!!.....'geeeez...that hurt!!'...stood up and immediately stood the bike up and wheeled it off the road....then the pain started....and what pain!...i found sitting on the bike was the answer....
20211010_112639.jpg
20211010_122641.jpg
20211010_150830.jpg
20211010_150849.jpg
20211010_150930.jpg
Of course hind sight 2020 but I know seeing far in front of you is huge in safety. I don't drive behind suv,trucks if I can avoid. Happy healing. One good thing about being laid up is you aren't expected to do any of the normal chores!! Hope I didn't jinx myself.

Of course hind sight 2020 but I know seeing far in front of you is huge in safety. I don't drive behind suv,trucks if I can avoid. Happy healing. One good thing about being laid up is you aren't expected to do any of the normal chores!! Hope I didn't jinx myself.
if what i went thru helps someone else then thats a good thing...if i was doing say 100kph i might have been looking at the inside of a wooden box lid now...i will be more attentive from now on im sure...

That's a bugger! Have the cops charged the women?
Great your all good man, had same thing happen a few years back, 2 broken ribs & 2 grand damage 😔

That's a bugger! Have the cops charged the women?
Great your all good man, had same thing happen a few years back, 2 broken ribs & 2 grand damage 😔
No....we didnt call the cops....she was a young girl in her 30's....very spunky too.....said she was indicating but i didnt see that...got her details and a big cuddle too so not all bad...lol.

No....we didnt call the cops....she was a young girl in her 30's....very spunky too.....said she was indicating but i didnt see that...got her details and a big cuddle too so not all bad...lol.
Nice 👍 I had the misses on the back & acted as her air bag when we hit the ground...that's what probably broke my ribs 😅🚀

Back